1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

SAK's Knives

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Razor, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Razor

Razor Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 1999
    I was wondering why they cut so go and what steel they use in their blades? I know they will also get razor sharp. I sometimes think I have to many. Is that possible?

2. OrdnanceBubbaUSMC

OrdnanceBubbaUSMC

May 23, 2004
    It's the x55 cro moly steel that I think is in their kitchen knives also. Love that you have to practically try to put rust on them and a ding in the edge is quickly fixed.

Would be cool to see them also come out with a couple fixed blades for field use. Maybe slightly larger and thicker versions lf their paring knives.

3. kreole

kreole

Jul 23, 2009
    It's 1.4110 (X55CrMo14)

4. jackknife

jackknife Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 2, 2004
    Psst, hey kid, don't beleive them.

SAK's are made from from a special steel mined in the Swiss Alps by dwarves, called Rostafree. This mysterious alloy has been blessed by the Swiss mountain gods that live deep in the Alps. If ya don't believe me, see the thread on Rostafree steel.
    :D

5. bad_juju

bad_juju Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Hahaha!:D