1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Salish vs. Kootenai

Discussion in 'Simonich Knives LLC' started by DWRW, Apr 9, 2006.

1. DWRW

DWRW

Jul 21, 2005
    Does anyone have a side by side picture of both the Salish and Kootenai they could post?

Also, I would like to hear preferences people have for one or the other and why.

2. R.W.Clark

R.W.Clark

Apr 30, 2001
    Sorry for not seeing this post sooner. I don't have a finished Kootenai to show but I can show a Kootenai blank next to a finished Salish if you would like.

As to preference, I like them both. The Salish is lighter and a little smaller. If you want to carry light then the Salish would be great, but if you want something a little heavier you might want to think about the Kootenai. Though, either one will do what you need it to do.

3. DFW_Dave

DFW_Dave

Jan 7, 2006
    I just purchased one of each from Ida @ BG Custom Knives. If you are still interested I can take a few photo's to compare size and dimensions if you'd like.

4. DFW_Dave

DFW_Dave

Jan 7, 2006
    As I have some free time this Friday night I decided to sharpen my new knives (1 Urban Raven, 1 Kootenai, 2 crow foot's, and a Salish). Great quality blades!