Sam Lurquin Tsavo (AMAZING)

I handled the blade a couple of months ago and was already impressed. But man does this knife look great. Gustaaf's sheath really compliments it, making it an outstanding set. I think I'll visit Erik when he isn't home....

61f3ba7b43cb7dedbee4ef539bc00c13.jpg

BTW great leather

A very bold and dramatic knife design - no doubt about that!!!
Makes one really want to hold it in the hand, feel its weight and just look at it
while swinging it through the air....

All the best,
David Darom (ddd)

Joe, thanks for posting this one....as you are aware I grabbed a Hurak but have pics of the Tsavo and TRex saved on my computer, Love to get either one of those.

May as well post the pic of the TRex since we are drooling over Sam's work! These two are my favorite Lurquin's to date! Photo credit to Norbert of course!

regards Jeff

61f3ba7b43cb7dedbee4ef539bc00c13.jpg

attachment.php

Attachments

• LurquinTRex.jpg
    LurquinTRex.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 234
Fantastic all around.....wonderful work by both Gentlemen and thanks, Joe, for the pictures.

Photo credit to Norbert of course!

regards Jeff

"Merci", Thx, At the moment I spend my evenings to read the thread of Jim "home studio tent/lightbox", I'm going to have many photos to take at Sam's .......

Less than a month now....

YYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.............

The REALLY scary part about those two boys is that sometimes close male siblings will take over a pride together. As big as they were, there was a BIGGER and badder male in Tsavo that ran them off at some point. :eek:
Here is a picture of the actual lions in the Chicago Field Museum

800px-Lionsoftsavo2008.jpg

"Merci", Thx, At the moment I spend my evenings to read the thread of Jim "home studio tent/lightbox", I'm going to have many photos to take at Sam's .......

Less than a month now....

YYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.............
Berno, are you coming to Gembloux? If so, bring your tent with you!!!:D

hello to all

thank you alot for all your compliments, this is a great honor for me to have the chance to hear all the opinions of expert there to here

thank you Joe

tsavo is orignie "Saoéli", the literal translation means "the place where you massacre"

respect
Sam

Last edited:
Thank you Nick for noting the "look". It is unmistakeable.

Great looking knife.

DAYUMN!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

That is a STUNNER!!!

The evidence of the Knight/DesRosier influence is definitely there, IMHO. :thumbup:

This is, to me anyway, a great example that the lines, colors, and contours of a knife are what really, truly make it grab your attention. The elements of this knife are "basic" compared to some out there... yet you would be extremely hard pressed to find a better looking knife. All because of Sam's ability to meld smooth flowing lines, great color combinations, and super appealing curves.

AWESOME. :cool:

This man's work is absolutely wonderful stuff. As a combination of raw power, beauty and utility, I've never seen better.

Jimmy Fikes

WOW! What an amazing knife. The man is a true artisan. His ability to combine smooth flowing lines and sinister flair is a true gift.

Hello,
the Quality of the Damascus Steel is awesome. On the Pictures i see a same surface that i see normal on wood.

Dirk

Back