1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Santoku Camper with DIW Burl

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Darrin Sanders, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Darrin Sanders

Darrin Sanders Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 6, 2009
    I made this one for a fellow forum member. He is an avid camper and wanted a camp knife but said its main use would be food prep. He also wanted it to be heavy enough to be able to handle other occasional camp chores. This is what I came up with. The steel is .140" AEB-L (thanks Johnny) with a 7" blade and a 5" handle. It is 2.5" wide The wood is Desert Ironwood Burl and the pics don't even come close to doing it justice. Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  2. jwalk84

jwalk84

Jun 30, 2011
    Looks great Darrin!

3. crimsonfalcon07

crimsonfalcon07

Dec 27, 2010
    Beautiful!

4. talldaddy

talldaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 1, 2012
    That looks excellent. Great tool for the woods! Like the blade shape and the handles look very ergonomic.

5. peterinct

peterinct

Dec 13, 1999
    Looks PERFECT for the intended uses. The blade has that CLEAN look!

Peter

6. Hengelo_77

Hengelo_77 Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 2, 2006
    nice package

7. Darrin Sanders

Darrin Sanders Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 6, 2009
    Thanks guys.