1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Santoku, mother's day present for my wife.

Discussion in 'Knife Maker's Gallery' started by J. Oeser, May 8, 2012.

1. J. Oeser

J. Oeser

May 13, 2009
    Here is something completely different for me. This is a design I came up with for my wife. She broke her el cheapo santoku a few months back and has needed one ever since. So I decided to come up with a design that would meet her criteria.

Here are the specs:

Blade Length: 6"
    Over All Length: 10.4"
    Blade Thickness: .107"
    Steel: CPM 154CM with 600 grit hand rubbed finish.
    Handles: Jade G-10 over White G-10 and Natural Canvas with natural canvas and mosaic pins.

Any comments welcome. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. White Feather Blades

White Feather Blades KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    Very nice!

3. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Love everything about it. Jade over white was an excellent color combo choice! The tan micarta pins look like wood pins!

Wish it was mine!

4. lambertiana

lambertiana Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Wow, this belongs in my kitchen!

5. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Well.....Jared i'm sure if you send it to me for a through testing i'm sure i could let you know better just how much she'll like it.:D
    I'm sure she'll like its just fine man its quite the looker my friend and i'm sure it'll perform just as well, nice job.:thumbup:

Doug

6. nozyk

nozyk

Jun 17, 2010
    You never cease to amaze me Jared!

Would be useless for my wife though since she avoids the kitchen like the plague;that's my domain.

I too wish it were mine;)

7. J. Oeser

J. Oeser

May 13, 2009
    Thanks guys!

I gave it to my wife yesterday because I was too excited to wait for Sunday. The first thing she did was cut the crust off of some PB&J sandwiches for the kids. :p:D

8. CAD

CAD

Jan 11, 2006
    Very nice! Will you be making more to sell??;)

Chris D. :D

9. redsquid2

redsquid2 Knifemaker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 31, 2011
    Love it! A treasure!