1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Schatt & Morgan Heritage Series

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waynorth, Jan 14, 2011.

1. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Queen has an interesting plan in the works - they are going to take a page out of an old Schatt & Morgan catalog 1903 or 1908, and reproduce the knives! I can't count the number of times I've thought "Gee, it would be nice to have one each of these old knives", when I've been doing some perusing myself!!
    Cool idea - I hope they do it right!
    The first "page" is due out this spring, and will be 7 knives, in ebony, rosewood and jigged bone. The steel will be 1095!!!!!
    This pic illustrates some of them. Please ignore the "watermarks"!:eek: The only pic I know of:
    Picture to be replaced, A.S.A.P.
    the management:D

HERE'S THE REPLACEMENT PICTURE!!
    [​IMG]

I jumped the gun on the picture! There might be a "Debut" at the Shot Show, so I can't put the picture back until Monday - Sorry!!
    I'll replace it as soon as permission is granted!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  2. 4ever3

4ever3

Mar 28, 2007
    I'm anxious to see these as well Charlie, now if I could only go back in time and buy an original from a hardware store display I would be walkin' in tall cotton :D

3. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Awesome news Charlie, the preveiw looks great, and the choice of steel will make it something interesting.

4. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    Thanks for nothing Charlie. ;) With the exception of a couple of customs that I have on order I thought I was free from buying any more slipjoints this year. Now it looks like I'm going to have to pick up one or two.

I really like the look of that single blade jack on the left.

- Christian

5. kai76

kai76

Jun 5, 2009
    Those look great! And carbon steel too, sweet!

6. puukkoman

puukkoman

Sep 30, 2004
    Oooh, that spearpoint jack is calling my name! :cool:

7. 338375

Nov 4, 2006
    Those may just be enough reason to take a gamble on Queen...

Hopefully they take the extra time to make sure they are up to, or close to, the quality standards of old. If they do, and they are priced reasonably, I'll bet they will be a big seller.

IMHO, those are much nicer looking than the knives they have been putting out lately. 1095 too... :thumbup:

8. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Er, where can I see these please?

The Queen website is notoriously off the pace:D Or?

9. jazub

jazub Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2010
    i saw an ad for these in Knife World and i am very excited to try one out.
    very cool idea :thumbup:

10. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    The Keystone Series is being replaced by the Heritage Series and as Charlie said is being taken from the Schatt & Morgan Catalogs of 1903 and 1908.

Let's hope Queen does a decent job with these and dosen't dumb em down as they have with the Schatt & Morgan XX Series -- mismatched scales and dullish blades.

11. 338375

Nov 4, 2006
    I lucked out and got in before the picture deletion...

What has been seen, cannot be unseen :D

12. Blues

Blues Lapsed SuperMod / Cattle Knife Rustler Staff Member Super Mod

Oct 2, 1998
    That is while you're conscious...:p (Just kidding, brother. ;))

We're trying to find a sterile or stock image from Queen/Schatt & Morgan without ties to any particular vendor.

EDIT:

Looks like Charlie was provided with a reason why we don't yet have permission to unveil any images at this time. See the original post for clarification.

13. Boggs

Boggs

Feb 27, 2007
    These are to be the first three..taken from the reprint of the July 1903 Catalog...as always things can change...Charlie's picture's were in color
    and from a sneak peak provided by a dealer.

Attached Files:

14. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    Yup, that's it. The color pic appears to have been "photoshopped" from the above PDF catalog cut.

15. Quick Steel

Quick Steel

Jun 30, 2010
    I have reproductions of the 1903 and 1908 catalogs. Assuming the knives are well done the catalogs can add to an interesting display. Worth searching for.

16. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    I just ordered those Catalog repros. Can't wait!!
    It would be interesting to see them do the Harness Jack page!! Here's one from 1911. It's page 21 in that catalog.
    [​IMG]

17. knifeswapper

knifeswapper Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Sep 3, 2004
    Couple things that are interesting..
    1) They are calling the bone version "stag" just as they did back in the original catalog.
    2) Dealers that buy the full set from Queen get two full size reproduction copies of the catalogs they were originally taken from.

I was given the glossy but told not to publish it because some of the information was not complete on it yet. So taking it at face value I just decided to cut out the picture of the knives and scrap the verbiage. But in hindsight (woke up in a cold sweat last night) I wondered if maybe they didn't want to unveil them at the Shot Show. Thus the concern.

18. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
  19. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    Why doesn't that surprise me? :D

- Christian

20. J. Oeser

J. Oeser

May 13, 2009
    I already have a weakness for ebony and those look very promising. One question though, and it may be a bit premature or unknown right now. Will these have a "clean" blade like the old renderings show? I am not a big fan of all the etching on the blades that Schatt and Morgan is famous for. If so, I'm in some big trouble here.