Schrade folder

I have a couple of these. One I got when I was a teenager the other I have no idea where I picked up. This one is carbon 1095 maybe? It has seen some abuse possibly it was used as a hammer a few times by a 17-21 yo boy/man. Anyways I sharpened it up and took a few pics. Any info you might have as to the age and model would be appreciated. The one that I bought would have been 1992 or so Im thinking it is the other one.
Thanks for looking.

DSCN1691.jpg

DSCN1692.jpg

The model number is part of the tang stamp, 7 OT.

Here's a topic in the Schrade Collectors Forum area with tons of info about the 7OT.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/831243-7-OT-4-pin
Yours, according to information presented in that topic, dates from 1991 - 1994 and is carbon steel.

1979-1980: 4-pin High Carbon Steel

1990(?) or 1991-1994: 3-pin High Carbon Steel

1995-2004: 3-pin Schrade+ stainless

Unfortunately Old Timer knives, especially the common models, have little value when in used condition. Looks like a good user though.

Thanks a bunch. I guess this is the one I EDC when I was a young man then. It has cleaned a few deer and took care of lots of farm chores.

If I posted this in the wrong area I apologize.

If I posted this in the wrong area I apologize.

You're good. But if you want to know more about the 7OT or any other Schrade products, you should be aware that there is a Schrade Collectors sub-forum.

Back