1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Schrade folder

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Psyop, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Psyop

Psyop

Oct 17, 2011
    I have a couple of these. One I got when I was a teenager the other I have no idea where I picked up. This one is carbon 1095 maybe? It has seen some abuse possibly it was used as a hammer a few times by a 17-21 yo boy/man. Anyways I sharpened it up and took a few pics. Any info you might have as to the age and model would be appreciated. The one that I bought would have been 1992 or so Im thinking it is the other one.
    Thanks for looking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bob W

Bob W

Dec 31, 2000
    The model number is part of the tang stamp, 7 OT.

Here's a topic in the Schrade Collectors Forum area with tons of info about the 7OT.
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/831243-7-OT-4-pin
    Yours, according to information presented in that topic, dates from 1991 - 1994 and is carbon steel.

Unfortunately Old Timer knives, especially the common models, have little value when in used condition. Looks like a good user though.

3. Psyop

Psyop

Oct 17, 2011
    Thanks a bunch. I guess this is the one I EDC when I was a young man then. It has cleaned a few deer and took care of lots of farm chores.

If I posted this in the wrong area I apologize.

4. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    You did not post in the wrong area.

5. Bob W

Bob W

Dec 31, 2000
    You're good. But if you want to know more about the 7OT or any other Schrade products, you should be aware that there is a Schrade Collectors sub-forum.