1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Schrade in the movies

Discussion in 'Schrade Knives Collectors Forum' started by okie 46, Jun 24, 2012.

1. okie 46

okie 46

Nov 8, 2008
    Have you ever seen any schrade knives in a movie or t.v show?

2. DeepFriedDoom

DeepFriedDoom

Apr 14, 2010
    Iron Sky, when the fashion designer stabbed a knife into the portrait of the Fuhrer.

3. okie 46

okie 46

Nov 8, 2008
    I couldn't think of any. Thanks , there has to be more.

4. Dave Thinkstoomuch

Dave Thinkstoomuch Banned BANNED

Jun 15, 2009
  5. glennbad

glennbad Knife Moddin' Fool Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 13, 2003
    Well....here's a stretch.

This is a Craftsman commercial we talked about years ago. Go to the link, and halfway down is a link to the commercial. In the commercial the guy opens up a knife and shows it for a second. It's an Imperial Tu-tone, with a possibly altered blade. Anyway, it's the best I got.

Craftsman Truck Series

Glenn

6. okie 46

okie 46

Nov 8, 2008
    I thought there would be more as long as schrade been around

7. howieareyu

howieareyu Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 17, 2010
    A few months back, there were (2) Schrade USA 171UH's up for auction.

The seller claimed they were used in the movie "Barbarosa" starring Willie Nelson and Gary Busey
    If I recall correctly, they were relisted a couple times but never sold

Link to the movie info http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083619/

-- Howie

8. okie 46

okie 46

Nov 8, 2008
    Very cool I'll check it out

9. delmas2nd

delmas2nd Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 14, 2008
    was watching a new TV serier, Longmire, and he used what at first i thought was an LB 7. closer looking made me think it was the camillus.

10. protourist

protourist [P] irate Member Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Nevermind. I was mistaken.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  11. Jason Richmond

Jason Richmond

Jun 17, 2005
    I have seen Les Hiddens of the Bush Tucker Man use a 3 blade stockman old timer.

12. howieareyu

Feb 17, 2010
    On xfinity On Demand, I've been enjoying a show called "Hillbilly Blood" from the Destination Channel
    Show is about 2 neighbors in Appalachia that live off the land and help each other out with various challenges life presents

In Episode 6, their truck breaks down and they're forced to make a 2+ day overland trek to get home
    http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/hillbilly-blood-2012/episode-6-season-1/stranded-the-journey-home/382081

While making one of their survival devices, one of the men uses what I'd swear to be a Schrade 153UH

Hoping to see more episodes of the show but a quick internet search brings up only the 6 episodes

-- Howie

13. howieareyu

Feb 17, 2010
    Believe I've found another one, but unconfirmed --

Syfy Network show "Haven" - Season 3 / Episode 13 "Thanks For The Memories"
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2391431/

Towards the end at appx 42 min in the broadcast version, the blond female character "Arla Cogan" pulls out what looks to be a Schrade 152OT Sharpfinger.
    Can't really see the tang stamp or the badge on the handle to verify. I do understand the classic and innovative blade shape was copied by multiple cutlers.

-- Howie

14. STDK

STDK

Jul 31, 2006
    Elizabeth (Liz) on "Swamp People" where they capture alligators uses either a 125OT or 225OT on the show quite often.

15. howieareyu

Feb 17, 2010
    Storage Wars Texas - 2013 Season 3 Episode 7 - "Stowe-Age Wars"
    One of the lockers won contained a tool box and the first thing pulled from it was an Old Timer 158OT Guthook Skinner

-- Howie

16. Codger_64

Codger_64 Moderator Moderator

Oct 8, 2004