1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Schrade USA uncle Henry 171UH: did they all have serial numbers?

Discussion in 'Schrade Knives Collectors Forum' started by tomshilling, Mar 30, 2012.

1. tomshilling

tomshilling

Dec 2, 2010
    Found a Pro Hunter UH 171 for auction, but seller states it is stamped USA, but does not have a serial number? I thot all USA UH's had a serial number, but the newer (China) Schrades were not marked USA and also no longer are serial numbered?

Or did they stop serial numbering before the company closed?

Any help is appreciated!

2. Codger_64

Codger_64 Moderator Moderator

Oct 8, 2004
    There were two production runs. The first production knives were serialized. I don't believe the second production knives were. I would need to see detailed pictures to know what production the subject knife is.

3. Tank515

Tank515

Apr 6, 2016
    I have some commemorative Schrade knives about 15 yrs old. They were a service award set and think they may be very rare? They both have brown bone antler handles, one smaller with gold engraved flying wood ducks and the other with single gold running buck. Any idea on [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  4. Codger_64

Oct 8, 2004
    A picture always helps. You can upload from your computer to Photobucket or Tinypic.com then copy the [​IMG]

5. Bhunter

Bhunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2013
    Would like to see a pic of those. I think I've seen the Gold Ducks before but not a Gold Deer.

6. Tank515

Tank515

Apr 6, 2016
    There are no serial numbers on either knife.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  7. Tank515

Tank515

Apr 6, 2016
    I added the picture per your suggestion

8. FatCity67

FatCity67 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Impressive.

9. Tank515

Tank515

Apr 6, 2016
    I was once told that these were made as executive service awards for GM? Wondering how rare they really are?

10. Codger_64

Oct 8, 2004
    I haven't seen that art before, but the stag handled bowie pattern was used late in Schrade's manufacturing for quite a few SFOs and limited editions. Most were made in small numbers due to the expense of manufacture and retail prices. Patience. Someone will come along sooner or later with some information.