1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

SDS Steels

Discussion in 'SDS Knifeworks' started by White Mamba, Dec 1, 2011.

1. White Mamba

White Mamba

Nov 18, 2010
    What steels do you have available? I'd love to have a knife made for me in CPM S30V!

2. SDS

SDS

Oct 22, 2007
    S30V is a steel I have not used yet. Most of the knives I make are D2, 154CM, or 1084. I've used a few other steels but those are the ones I have the most experience heat treating and I'm happy with the results I've gotten.

SDS

3. White Mamba

White Mamba

Nov 18, 2010
    That's cool. Like I said in the other thread... when I get up some extra cash we'll build one from the ground up. How much does it usually cost for a custom from you anyway? I guess it depends on the style & all the options huh?

4. SDS

SDS

Oct 22, 2007
    It really does depend on the final design and materials. Right now my prices run from about $135 for a basic skinning knife on up. A large bowie with a fancy frontier style sheath and more expensive handle material would be substantially more but it just all depends.

I know that isn't a really good answer but it's much easier to give prices on a knife by knife basis.

SDS

5. White Mamba

White Mamba

Nov 18, 2010
    I'd be interested in something like a Bark River Bravo 1 style. I usually stay with small to medium size bushcraft knives. I'd just like to add all the little personal touches I talked about earlier. I looked at your MUK knives & I must say I'd be interested in one of those too! Great looking blades!

6. SDS

SDS

Oct 22, 2007
    When your ready shoot me an email and we'll nail down all the specifics. I bet we can come up with something you'll be happy with.

SDS