1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Sebenza 21 Large - thickness behind the cutting edge?

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by drr, Mar 18, 2017.

1. drr

drr

Mar 18, 2017
    Hello,

I'm just wondering how thick behind the edge Sebenza 21 should be.
    I have two 21 Large - both were made at early 2016. One is 0,024" (about 0,60mm), and the second one is 0,025" (about 0,64mm) behind the cutting edge.
    But... I've found some discussions about Sebenza's technical specs and most were about 0,020" behind the cutting edge.

So, is it a badluck to get two 21s that are so thick, or is it just normal in the "newer" sebenza (I mean 2016+ made)?

For comparison - I measured Paramilitary-2. It's 0,024" behind the cutting edge.

2. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    You have to remember that the knives are hand sharpened and the thickness behind the edge will vary from knife to knife. I'd call that pretty damn good. If you want it a little less, you can always do a little profile and get it to where you want it.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  3. nyefmaker

nyefmaker Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Really.....??

4. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    What Ajack60 said-though it never dawned on me to even measure such.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017