Sebenza 25... Go Figure...

I was reading about the latest model from Strider. It raises the bar for the company and looks nicely done. It uses a "precision ground pivot bushing" so the pivot tension is pre set and always perfect. And it uses perforated bronze washers to hold lubricant.

photo-17.jpg

The latest Sebenza uses a traditional style pivot like what Strider and everyone else is/was using. And the new Sebenza has a thicker blade and finger grooves in the handle.

It's like these companies are headed towards swapping models. Not that there is anything wrong with where they are headed, but who would have seen this coming last year?

Last edited:
wait I'm confused... So strider is getting better lock up and a bushing system while crk gets rid off what the sebenza was all about (the bushing), and reverts to a design that's less simple and harder to find the sweet spot?

Oh well

Strider finally steps into the 1987 version of the Sebenza. Congrats for them.

Strider finally steps into the 1987 version of the Sebenza. Congrats for them.

I am excited for the ceramic ball lock-up and the adjustable pivot of the 25, but if you are using that logic to knock strider then where is CRK headed?

Truthfully I think that the is a market for the 21 and the new 25, but I'm sure capacity will not allow CRK to produce both, some people will be upset some will accept it, it's inevitable.

I think the SJ-75 is pretty similar to the SNG and SMF in that it uses a bull pivot and regular washers. No bushing system in that model.
OP, is that the knife your talking about or is their a new Strider model that your keeping secret? =)

I think the SJ-75 is pretty similar to the SNG and SMF in that it uses a bull pivot and regular washers. No bushing system in that model.
OP, is that the knife your talking about or is their a new Strider model that your keeping secret? =)

The new model is the SJ75. The mini SJ75 is the model you are thinking of that you have already seen with the bull pivot, the full size is using the new features.

There's a bit more to it than that, but it's a lovely story.... :)

Since this new Strider uses a pivot bushing similar to the "old" Sebenza, does this mean I can no longer flick open my Strider?

Interesting. Some lead. Others follow.

Just remember, the Umnumzaan uses an over-travel disk similar to the one developed by Hinderer, and all CRK folding knives use knife pocket clips that were originally developed by Spyderco. Even the innovators, sometimes follow.

I think it is a good thing (assuming there are no patent/trademark infringements) when a company incorporates features from other companies to improve their products.

LMFAO..........Great Post....!!! Strider will always be miles behind CRK.

I'd say yes, except for the steel hardness. I also really dug the pivot bushing... to me it seems like a step backwards. Although even without it I'll always choose CRK over Strider. But the new 25 didn't blow me away that's for sure.

I am excited for the ceramic ball lock-up and the adjustable pivot of the 25, but if you are using that logic to knock strider then where is CRK headed?

Truthfully I think that the is a market for the 21 and the new 25, but I'm sure capacity will not allow CRK to produce both, some people will be upset some will accept it, it's inevitable.

I think they will make both for a couple years just like when the made the regular/classic, then later the regular/21. The 21 still has alot going for it with the regular 21 version, the insingo and the tanto, all based off the 21. The insingo is hugely popular and I certainly dont see it going anywhere anytime soon.

I dont mind the new bushing system. The same system has proven itself with the umnumzaan. With the perforated washers, and even tighter tolerances, there is less maintenance. The new design really only effects the people that take apart and clean their sebbies daily or weekly. I have carried my zaan off and on for 3 years and have only taken it apart 2 times. There is just not the need because of its design. Now, these innovations have moved on to the sebenza. CRK will never be able to make EVERYONE Happy....lol.

I'm fine with what looks to be solid changes. For me what I would really like to see is the new 25 have the butt of the scale rounded off so there is not the classic Sebenza hot-spot. This is the only flaw in the current design in my opinion.

Back