1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Sebenza vs bowie

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Knifelove777, May 19, 2017 at 9:01 PM.

1. Knifelove777

Knifelove777

Apr 13, 2016
    Sebenza 21 or spyderco slysz bowie. Which do you prefer and why?

2. colubrid

colubrid

Nov 26, 2005
    I have had several of both. The Slysz is too perfect. Which I know is a strange analogy but I prefer the Sebenza.

3. Knifelove777

Knifelove777

Apr 13, 2016
    Haha thanks. I figured the sebenza would be "too perfect"

4. barmettlerjosh

barmettlerjosh

Jun 16, 2016
    I have owned both and now I only own the sebenza.

5. halden.doerge

halden.doerge Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 17, 2014
    I've owned the Slysz 3 times, and it's great. But I no longer own one. I've owned at least 20 Sebenzas and currently have 4. One of them is a small micarta insingo that I financed by selling my Slysz. :D

6. matt009au

matt009au Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2009
    My bowie is nice but I wouldn't put it in the same league as a sebbie.

7. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    I find these Spyderco Ti framelocks have a certain quality about them. It's hard to describe, they are beautiful and perfect. They all seem to be in a family from the Chef to the Techno to the Slysz to the K2. I don't know what it is but they are smooth and sleek.

The CRKs on the other hand have a different feel. The chalky texture on their scales give them a warn feeling. There is something I love about it, jusr makes the knife feel like quality.

They are both great knives with different feelings and character. Still if I had to pick it would be the CRKs, there is just something about their knives that transcends simple materials, finish or design.

8. adamlau

adamlau Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Slysz Bowie. It is less expensive. Radiused scales. FFG with no thumbstuds in the way. CTS XHP.

9. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Slysz Bowie for the win. Better slicer, FFG. I've handled several sebenzas but there just kind of too "plain" for me.

10. flipe8

flipe8

Oct 24, 2005
    Slysz has a better size for me, but the blade shape leaves me cold. If the Slysz is around two+ decades from now, I'll reconsider. Until then, Sebenza for the win.

11. `br4dz-

`br4dz- Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2016
    Inlayed Sebenza all the way. Feels better in my hand than the slysz bowie (ymmv), and I greatly prefer the smaller/slimmer profile, as well as the blade shape.