September TOTM: German knives!

Some bigger ones:
Edge Brand, Olsen Knife Co, both 8"; No-name, German Army, both 5". All stamped Solingen except the army knife, which I just assume was German-made. I re-handled the Olsen, and filed down the pommel and guard on the no-name, years ago.

4hPdFfEf

Charlie, that is a Beautiful Henckels. Pre 1960, but i'm sure you know that. I'll check my pre 1960 Henckels to see if any have spun pins. Maybe they peened right to the end ?
roland

Thank you for the kind words :)

Here´s my C. Schlieper Canoe with stag handles

IMG_1951.jpg

IMG_1952.jpg

beside a GEC #66 Serpentine Jack (EDC-setup right now)

IMG_1950.jpg

Great lookin knives and pictures humpa! You clean up good! Just love the stag on that eye brand! Seems like every eye brand has the best lookin stag. Especially after it gets a lil pocket worn.

~P.

That Böker Barlow is looking great! Thank you showing this great looking knife. Are the handles bone or Delrin?

~P.

That Böker Barlow is looking great! Thank you showing this great looking knife. Are the handles bone or Delrin?

Thanks, Andi.

Grey Canyon Bone. :)

I'm pleased with it, all the more because last night's slight modification was a success. The blades were canted too far forward for my liking:

Barlowopenbladeangle.jpg

Some judicious sanding where the spine/tang meets the spring leads to a good result:

Better.jpg

(Sorry, I didn't set up exact before-and-after pictures, but you get the idea.)

~ P.

Mike, thanks for showing us what real Henkels folders look like. "real" to those who don't know, means pre 1960 when Henckels made their own folding knives.
I'd like to see a picture of both of those Henckels with blades closed, looking directly down at the blade spines.
One of the ways i differentiate a Henckels made folder from the early contract folders (1960 to ~ 1970 ??) is the very thick blade stock that Henckels used. I'd like to see if this is the case with your 2 Mike as i don't know if it can be applied to all of their patterns.
thanks, roland

Mike, the Henckels pen knife is incredible! Love the bone and the small bolster caps.

Beautiful stag canoe Andi! I was thinking about picking up one of the Böker beer barrel canoes for this month, but I think I have spent too much lately. Guess I'll have to give my lone German knife extra time.

A. W. Wadsworth & Son french ivory sleeveboard pen:

Apr8sleeveboard.jpg

wadsworth5.jpg

I love how thin it is.

wadsworthbladefit-1.jpg

Oh, I did use a couple Swiss caplifters over the holiday weekend to make everyone merrier.

Here are a few of my German connections...I dont care what anyone says.... these guys know how to make knives as good as anyone in the world!!
tmknives003.jpg

Humppas gift that I will treasure till I am dust...
Andis002.jpg

German made folder which still to this day just blows me away with the wild Jigging..
knives012.jpg

My all time favourite German made knife..Carl Schlieper.. this knife I never tire of carrying, and I believe will be with me till the day I die...thats a lot to say about a knife!...
myknives005-23.jpg

A.D.Wadsworth...lovely Slippie...
myknives027-1.jpg

As posted before by other-just-as lucky-owners... massive Carl Schlieper Trapper/Saw combo.. stunning knife, and it hits you when holding the monster!..
myknives013-6.jpg

Here is a cool old Jack-German made...I was foolish enough to sell this-darn it!
myknives019-6.jpg

My gorgeous Lady bought me some second-hand knives not knowing what was what in the pile of old things...this German made Horn handled Jack was one of them ( once cleaned up so you could actually open it )...
myknives028.jpg

One of my all time favourite Fixed Blades by a Solingen Maker...very rare to get a different shaped blade that is Factory by a Solingen Cutler from this period, this is totally different than any other Solingen fixed blade - sporting a mean clip point-Olsen had these contact made-you will see the 10 inch versions out there for sale, but hardly ever will you see a 13 inch version like this!...Lovely knife!
tatmonstamash006-4.jpg

Great looking knives, stag, bone and pearl!
I've been carrying my new little rosewood Boker pen every day since I got it, either in the coin pocket of my blue jeans/jean shorts or left front pocket of my work khakis. It's just a great little knife that deserves some good photos so I gotta ask my wife for help taking them.

Carried other German made knives over the Labor Day holiday weekend including these Bokers:

bokercongress.jpg

bokerevergreen.jpg

and a late model Fight'n Rooster, which I love despite it being made long after the prime time for them, and I can't seem to find the picture, hmmm.

Maybe I'll carry my Eye Brand mini congress today and give the Boker pen a rest...

eyecongress.jpg

Back