"Shadow IV" Equivelant to a Sebenza....?

Scarman

BANNED
I have been reading quite a bit in the archive about the Chris Reeve Knives, fixed and folder. I see that both are extremely well made and worth the money.
I recently acquired a Large Sebenza in excellent shape and while I do really love this knife I am considering trading it in.
I really do not use this knife much and after some consideration, feel I would be better served with one of their fixed blades. I have read and heard that they will swap knives out(plus or minus refurbishing costs) and am considering swapping for a Shadow IV.
I am curious as to what others who own either knife or preferrably both(Stjames), to give me their thoughts, opinions, etc....
I do not have the money to purchase the Shadow, so I must trade for it if I want it.
What are your thoughts....?

------------------
The greatest thought that has ever entered my mind is that one day I will have to stand before a Holy God and give an account of my life.
*Daniel Webster

Rev 20:12

Hey, post it for sale... I see them for sale from $260 on depending on condition. But, if you want a fixed, I think the IV is $220. But post it for sale at the higher price and buy some extra goodies...

------------------
"A conclusion is where you stopped thinking..."

My thoughts;
Keep the Sebenza, they are hard to afford and it belongs to you, no fear you will want another. You will find a fixed blade you like when you are better able to afford it.
Just my $.02

If you would be better served by a fixed blade than a folder, you can't go wrong with the One-Piece Line. I don't have a Shadow, but the two smaller Reeve fixed blades that I have are great tools, high quality from the grind to the sheath. If you have to choose between one and the other you won't be disappointed.

I am not sure about the return/exchange policy as you described it; you will want to contact the company directly in that regard. But as Thom said, a Sebenza in the hand…

------------------
James Segura
San Francisco, CA

As an alternative, you may want to consider using that Sebenza more than you do. They work very well, as you know. Take care.

------------------
Fred
Knife Outlet
http://www.knifeoutlet.com

I suppose I am being anal about putting it to work. I mean if the Military can take it the Sebenza should have no problem, right?
I know the lock-up is solid and the knife is super-smooth, but how does it handle under extreme usage? Does it ever develop any lateral play?
I won't be using it to dig or pry or any other type of abusive activities.

------------------
The greatest thought that has ever entered my mind is that one day I will have to stand before a Holy God and give an account of my life.
*Daniel Webster

Rev 20:12

It should last a lifetime.
It's backed by one of the best companies around, and it is well made, especially in the area supporting the blade. Use it!!!
smile.gif

Back