1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Sharpening Mora Carbon Steel knife?

Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by ssindreb, Jun 30, 2011.

1. ssindreb

ssindreb

Jun 30, 2011
    Hi. im pretty new to this forum, but i want to know: how do you sharpen a Mora Carbon Steel knife? by that i mean sharpen on the sides and getting a sharper tip. all answers is recieved with a thank you. please answer me fast! :D:D

2. XanRa

XanRa

Apr 13, 2011
    Be more specific

3. Jason B.

Jason B. KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 13, 2007
    A Scandi grind is pretty straight forward in how its sharpened, put the bevel on the stone and sharpen. As far as what to use, waterstones or wet/dry sandpaper over glass will give you the best results.

Because you are grinding a large bevel and removing a lot of steel expect to spend some time sharpening.

Welcome to BF :)