1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Sheath for dagger

Discussion in 'Sheaths & Such' started by MaverickFZX750, Jun 14, 2017.

1. MaverickFZX750

MaverickFZX750

Oct 8, 2014
    Hi everyone! Completed new sheath for the dagger Kizlyar KO-1. Very nice dagger I should say, well balased and comfortable in hand. Aus-8, very sharp. Caucasian nutwood and leather on the handle. About materials, it's heavy veg tanned leather, natural colour, oil and RTC from Bee Natural Leather care on top.

Thanks for watching comments are welcome.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

grogimus and hughd like this.
  2. High Standard

High Standard

Mar 23, 2017
    Nice work. Good job on the arrow weave.

3. MaverickFZX750

MaverickFZX750

Oct 8, 2014
    Thank you! Glad you liked. It's the first time when I used basketweave stamp such a not traditional way. I think, I can do it better in some little details. But I liked how it turned out, for the first time.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  4. Hengelo_77

Hengelo_77 Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 2, 2006
    The basket weave isn't my cup of tea but goes well with a sharp dagger imho

I like the southern cross on the back!

Why did you place the strap so high on the handle, doesn't it move up and down like that?

5. MaverickFZX750

MaverickFZX750

Oct 8, 2014
    That's good question, thank you. I've been thinking to make the strap closer to the mouth of sheath, at the beginning, but the guard is quite wide and leather is too hard and heavy to put the strap in so narrow place. So, I decided to put it a bit above the widest place of the handle. Some time before I saw the Ka Bar USMC sheath, it has quite similar form of handle, so I though... why not.

If you posted a pics after your question I don't see them as the same as in your thread about scandi, I don't know why.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  6. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Nice work!

7. kaizo

kaizo

Oct 17, 2014
    Beautiful! :)

8. MaverickFZX750

MaverickFZX750

Oct 8, 2014
    Thank you mates!