1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Sheath Options for TGLB

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Cheesehead_Slasher, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Cheesehead_Slasher

Cheesehead_Slasher Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 2016
    Hey folks,

I recently acquired a TGLB and need a sheath for it. I have never carried a fixed blade before so I am looking for feedback on sheath options. Personally, I am not a huge fan of kydex and am leaning towards leather. Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

(FYI - I have no messaging privileges.)

2. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Well there are some really great leather guys here. So off the top of my head, Armoralleather, PirtleMade, Condos leather. You can also check in the leather / sheath thread section on main forum page.

3. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I've got a sheath for my WTF from Pirtle, and I can't recommend him enough.

4. PA Trout

PA Trout Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 6, 2015
    Pirtle is AMAZING. His work is flawless and functional.

5. zombieassassin

zombieassassin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Pirtle and Condos work for me. Never tried any others.

6. Dair

Dair Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 14, 2017
    Spec Ops Combat Master Knife Sheath (long) is a good quick and simple option.

7. VashHash

VashHash

Aug 11, 2009
    I'd recommend a drop leg sheath. So it can move around when you sit. Of course it depends where you plan on carrying. Some makers offer removable drop leg loops which is pretty nice too. Dangler loops /sheaths as some say. I just don't like something like a tglb riding high. I have a drop leg sheath for mine and i can drive with it still on my belt.

8. hexenjager

hexenjager Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2016
    This would be my first stop. If nothing else you'll have a sheath to use while you consider your options and needs for a custom leather sheath if you decide to go that route. Also, don't forget there will likely be some wait time after you order a sheath from a custom maker. If you do replace the spec ops with something custom, you can keep it on hand for temporary housing of future Busses and kin.

9. Cheesehead_Slasher

Apr 21, 2016
    How well does it fit? I was considering this sheath but read that it needed to be modified in order for the TGLB to fit properly. I'd appreciate any feedback you can provide.

10. CookieRawwr

CookieRawwr Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Another vote for Condo's leather, the distressed leather look on my TGLB sheathe looks cool.

[​IMG]

11. Cheesehead_Slasher

Apr 21, 2016
    After a bunch of research I've concluded that the best option is a customized leather sheath. In the meantime, I'm going to order the Spec Ops and see how it works.

12. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    I have the 8" master sheath and it fits fine, no mod necessary. Azwelke makes a kydex insert if you prefer a more customized fit. Also, what I've done for a few other Busses I carry in spec ops sheath is take the fuzzy sides of velcro strips and adhere them to the inside walls of the stock plastic insert (not too deep); this keeps the blade from rattling in the not-so-form-fitting generic plastic. I also coat the velcro with a little Ballistol, this way the blade gets some oil too when returned to the sheath.

For the record, I have and often use leather sheaths for my Busses, my TGLB included. My leather was my by Patriot Leather, and its a Gaspee dangler.

13. Cheesehead_Slasher

Apr 21, 2016
    This is what I'm looking for!

I see you have a fire steel attached to your sheath. With the top of the TGLB being rounded are you able to strike a spark?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  14. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    I've had no luck throwing sparks with my TGLB; more luck with other uncoated infi, w/ flatter spines or the "elf" choil.

15. Dair

Dair Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 14, 2017
    :thumbup:

Use the choil! ... well, works well uncoated anyway

16. slowride11

slowride11 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 8, 2015
    From Patriot Leather

010.jpg 009.jpg 008.jpg

17. CookieRawwr

CookieRawwr Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Well no I have not had much luck getting the steel to spark on the TGLB, When I'm out camping I use the steel with my Carothers field knife.

18. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    Really? I've got to try that again--thanks man. Mine is stripped.

19. TheMtnMan

TheMtnMan Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Condos, Chuddy Bear, Rainwalker are great, i have at least 1 sheath from all the above, but as you soon will find out sometimes its hard to get ahold of em, and at least for me most of em are booked.
    Im gona suggest what id want someone to suggest me in Ur situation,
    Heres a pic of a Rainwalker TG Sheath, and its Bada$$, probably will outlast the TG lol and TG should last a while. But the Best part is looks like Knife Hunter still has them in stock, andc2 colors, i assume no Month of waiting.
    Good Luck
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk