1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Sheath questions

Discussion in 'Kiahdex Sheath Systems' started by thegeek574, Sep 19, 2011.

1. thegeek574

thegeek574

Sep 3, 2010
    Sir,
    I sent you an e-mail to this accord, but never got a response, so I will ask it here. I have only ever owned folders, and now that i am starting to make fixed blades, then I am going to make a little around the house knife for myself. Carrying a pocket knife that i like in my preferred athletic shorts pulls them down, and so I want a neck knife. However, moth my dad and I share the concern that if i fall over, we don't want that sucker popping out of the sheath. in that case, how good can the retention on a kydex sheath get, and how much would it cost? thanks,
    Steven

2. Kiah

Kiah S&S Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2006
    Yeah, my email was wonky for a while. It occasionally just dropped messages back onto the server and I never saw them. Not sure what it's problem iwas, but I think it's done with that now.

As for retention, it can be made to not come out without a steel cable and a tractor if you want. As far as standard retention on my sheaths, I make everything other than open backed stuff capable of inverted carry through whatever you need to do with it. I carry my own knives inverted. Shoot me the specs on the knife to my email again and I'll get you a price.

To all others waiting on a reply, a PM, or an email I've been out. I'll get back to everyone over the weekend.

3. Gnarly

Gnarly

May 12, 2010
    OK; thanx!

~Gnarly

4. thegeek574

thegeek574

Sep 3, 2010
    cool. pics coming as soon as i figure out whether i like the wharnie or the spearpoint better.