1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.
  3. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Shirogorov Experience?

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by ridnovir, Jul 27, 2012.

1. ridnovir

ridnovir Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Has any body dealt with Shirogorov.com directly? I am about to buy a knife directly from them but they want Western Union transfer to pay for it, so I am kind of hesitant. Do not want to be duped.

2. CWL

CWL

Sep 15, 2002
    Click the lower left triangle and ask for this to be moved to the GB&U review section of this forum.

3. ridnovir

Mar 12, 2012
    thanks for taking care of that for me

4. eternal10

eternal10

Dec 28, 2011
    Not sure have never dealt with them directly.But i do own some of their knives and they are top notch.

5. atony

atony Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Get ahold of Neal over at TNK (TrueNorthKnives) I think he is the only dealer in North America, He could probably answer any questions you have regarding them.

6. ridnovir

Mar 12, 2012
    thanks Tony. TNK is on vocation till 8/1 and I have a sale pending. I guess I just going to risk it.
    TNK are out of stock and they do not ship to NYC grrr...

7. opgenorf

opgenorf Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2011
    When you can post up a review, i would like to check out their blades

8. ooitzoo

ooitzoo Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Im curious, why are the prices so high on that site? Are they a knock off site (like aliaexpress) or a higher end maker?

9. eternal10

eternal10

Dec 28, 2011
    Any update on this??

10. ridnovir

Mar 12, 2012
    The prices are in rubles there not dollars actually if you convert their prices into dollars the knives are $200 cheaper than the same ones sold by TNK

11. ridnovir

Mar 12, 2012
    Yes, I had some back an forth emails with one of the Shirogorov brothers and he was very reassuring. So in order to buy from them directly you need:

1. To speak Russian (I am Ukrainian our languages are similar so we understood each other).
    2. Wait till the knife you want is up for sale on the site (sadly they do not take orders at the moment because of backlog but that might change).
    3. Transfer funds over by Western Union (a big risk if you ask me)
    4. They do not ship to US so you need to have an verifiable address in Russia or Europe.

So I took the risk and transferred $450 by WU for 95 flipper. I already received the email that money have been received and I should receive another one with shipment tracking number when the package is off to my relative in Ukraine. Keeping my fingers crossed. Will update with further developments.

12. ooitzoo

Oct 2, 2010
    No. I grasp that they're in rubles. but after conversation they're still pretty high. hence my question.

13. ridnovir

Mar 12, 2012
    Update they send me the tracking number and shipment confirmation Email. The package already cleared customs in Russia and is on its way to Ukraine. Who-hoo.

14. ridnovir

Mar 12, 2012
    Update:

My relative in Ukraine has received the knife. So Shirogorov site is legitimate and thay stay true to their word. you transfer the $ and they will send the knife to you :)

Now all I have to do is wait for it to arrive here.

15. spyken

spyken Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Yes, they're legit:)

16. ooitzoo

Oct 2, 2010
    Would you mind updating us on quality when you get the actual knife?

I am interested to know what the deal is with these guys.

17. ridnovir

Mar 12, 2012
    Sure. Will do.

18. ooitzoo

Oct 2, 2010
    anything else on this? I am curious.