Show me your Blur!

The Blur has been on my list for a wile but I was saving my Kershaw money for the Knockout.
But thanks to all of you I just orderedd a Blur. Don't worry I still have enough for the Knockout. If they ever are in stock.

So wait a second. There's a silver AND black bladed version of the purple? Bobsig's pic shows purple/silver blade and bfnewbie's pic is the one I'm more familiar with lusting over, the purple/black blade. Someone may have modded one to silver blade maybe.

After re-reading my posts, I just realized that my response was stepping on someone else's question. I get too excited about certain topics and :foot: . BobSig, jonnymac44, I humbly apologize for that. Won't happen again.

Jim,
No worries at all, bud! The Kershaw sub forum has always been about the group. If you know details to a question, by all means chime in and share. Kershaw collectors are by far some of the most laid back knife folks I've met. Now, on the other hand......if you happened to find a couple of purple Blurs for sale and didn't tell me about it after you snagged the first one, well then we'd have some serious problems!!!:D

It's all good!

Jim,
No worries at all, bud! The Kershaw sub forum has always been about the group. If you know details to a question, by all means chime in and share. Kershaw collectors are by far some of the most laid back knife folks I've met. Now, on the other hand......if you happened to find a couple of purple Blurs for sale and didn't tell me about it after you snagged the first one, well then we'd have some serious problems!!!:D

It's all good!

Thanks for that, and trust me I am on the hunt! I'll put a second mortgage on the house if I find the right amount from the same place :D P.S. - I exagerrate for effect.

I dont have a S30V so can't really answer but it appears to be. Id get them and compare.

I am part of the club now. Ordered on the first and got my Blur today.1670BLK Great knife. Now the Knockout is next on the list.

I am part of the club now. Ordered on the first and got my Blur today.1670BLK Great knife. Now the Knockout is next on the list.

Nice! Welcome. Just don't chase the purple dragon like some of us, she's a tricky beast. More mythical than a unicorn some say. :D

Do any of you have a list of the Blurs and the production numbers?
I'll give you the list if you can help me track down a blue Blur. I just bought an orange from jimw451 I'm waiting to receive and saw an another forum you had a lead on a blue one.

The purple Blur pic of Leek_Freaks looks like a photoshop job. If you look at the reflection on the blade edge it is clearly red.

The purple Blur pic of Leek_Freaks looks like a photoshop job. If you look at the reflection on the blade edge it is clearly red.
Not sure if you're joking? Haven't you ever taken a picture of something shiny? It reflects whatever is opposite of the angle you are taking the picture at. It could reflect red, blue, purple...like I said in that post, it's not my picture but I have no reason to think it's a fake. If it is fake, he spend an awful lot of time making fakes:

https://picasaweb.google.com/114565386555796248143/Kershaw

This thread just cost me 50 bones!

I can't decide if I want it to be better than the skyline. I mean, I love my skylines but who doesn't want better? Plus, it'd be nice to have something new to collect. We'll see when my OCC blur arrives.

(Side note: why don't they make more version of the Skyline? The leek and blur get tons of love. Is there not enough demand? It's to low in price to begin with? Are the leek and blur someone's favorites at Kershaw? Just wondering.)

Not sure if you're joking? Haven't you ever taken a picture of something shiny? It reflects whatever is opposite of the angle you are taking the picture at. It could reflect red, blue, purple...like I said in that post, it's not my picture but I have no reason to think it's a fake. If it is fake, he spend an awful lot of time making fakes:

https://picasaweb.google.com/114565386555796248143/Kershaw
In the higher res version on picasa it doesn't look like a photoshop job. In the images of his blue blur there is also a red reflection on the blade edge. I don't want to accept that this purple Blur is anything other than a unicorn :( Completely imaginary and unattainable.. Now I think I have to come to terms with it's existance... it's another knife I'll never be able to attain.. Damn

So this used to be my cpm 154 blur.
IMG_1926.jpg

Now its a little different.
IMG_2243.jpg

IMG_2244.jpg

I got rid of the re-curve because of the sharpening issues
and drilled and taped the scale for a titanium low rider pocket clip.

oregonknifenerd - I got an awesome lead on a Blue Blur, then it turned into 3 Blues. It was amazing.
390359_289549227754118_100000971289733_785996_1791546320_n.jpg
I kept one serrated and one pe for my collection and I owed a favor to a fellow Blur collector. And the Purple is a myth, a very elaborate myth. So elaborate they actually made them and sold them. When I come across a Blue blur again I will keep you in mind. I dont mind helping out a fellow collector.

bobpoptart - It was a good investment.

Leek_Freak - You changed your name!

DTOM996 - Nice low ride clip and that is a nicely used Blur with a wicked looking edge

Back