Show off your Single Blade Slippys

I'm starting this thread not just as a forum to display knives, but I really enjoy traditional slipjoints, I like their classic looks, their lack of legal issues, and most of all that I can use them in public without people thinking I am out to kill them, and I want to use this as an opportunity to find out about single blade slippys that I'm unaware of, and maybe share some with you all. I'm relatively new to traditional slippys, but with todays modern steels, and myself being a relatively light user (when I want more knife, I use more knife, like a fixed blade etc...) I don't need or want extra blades, they are often heavier, bulkier, and sometimes the blades are difficult to access (don't get nervous I have a bunch of multi blade slippys). But for this thread let's keep it limited to single blade traditional slippys (no russlocks, I have a couple and love them, no Buck 110 a couple and love em etc..)
My humble single blade slippy collection

PC130236.jpg

first the smallest ones, from Bottom, 1) Tidioute- Easy Open Jack, Burnt Orange Jigged Bone, Sheepsfoot Blade 2) Rough Rider Mini Tothpick, Malachite Handle, RR686 3) Queen Cutlery Sodbuster, Black Derlin Handle, D2
PC130237.jpg

Midsize, from Bottom, 1) Wild Boar, Doctors Knife, Dark Green Jigged Bone, WB8006GN 2) 2) Case American Workman Slimline Trapper 4-1/8" Closed (61048 SS) (Blue Synthetic Handles) 3) Queen Cutlery 2) Utility Folder w/1 Blade, Aged honey amber stag bone handle, QN11ACSB

PC130238.jpg

Large, From Bottom 1) Rough Rider Big Daddy Barlow, Amber Smooth Bone, RR01036 2) Schatt & Morgan, Daddy Tothpick

PC130239.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I have and love plenty of other single blade traditionals, also the opinels and plenty of friction folders like citadel, and svord, but lets try to keep it to slipjoints if we can

But for this thread let's keep it limited to single blade traditional slippys (no russlocks, I have a couple and love them, no Buck 110 a couple and love em etc..)...Don't get me wrong, I have and love plenty of other single blade traditionals, also the opinels and plenty of friction folders like citadel, and svord, but lets try to keep it to slipjoints if we can

I really enjoy single blade slipjoints as well...but if you're gonna limit the thread perhaps you should take a moment to crop that first image...I'm just sayin'...;)

I really enjoy single blade slipjoints as well...but if you're gonna limit the thread perhaps you should take a moment to crop that first image...I'm just sayin'...;)

Absoluely right. I just threw them in. I couldn't resist

Here's some of mine from the custom side of the house:

standard.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Last edited:
Here are a few more.
Green micarta- zulu spear, backpocket, sowbelly
Blade10017.jpg

Swayback jacks
IMG_0369.jpg

City knives
Bose2015.jpg

Nice stag from Mike Zscherny
Blade2009052.jpg

And for a very unusual one - quite rare as well - a Chinese slipjoint made by Bob Lum!
P1010527.jpg

In the words of fasteddie: "And please, for Gods sake, dont call them slippies or wharnies. It's demeaning."

don't have many, most are 2 bladed

besides SAKS a traditionalist knife with one blade I love is this one

Fallkniven TK3 Bone (lockback though)
at least looks like some of Elliott's :p

309ingg.jpg

And a few from the production side:

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

standard.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Elliott, beautiful group of handmades. Now I see why it's taking Jerry so long to get to my name on his list - he's been so busy making knives for you! :D

Elliott, beautiful group of handmades. Now I see why it's taking Jerry so long to get to my name on his list - he's been so busy making knives for you! :D

Now, now, Marty...four of those were actually (non-order) Blade Show purchases!

Thanks for the good words on the knives. :cool::thumbup:

Elliott, who made this one?

Rob, that was made by John Howser of KY. Picked it up at the Blade Show in 2009 at John's table.
Integral frame/bolsters, cryo treated ATS-34 and (according to Tony Bose) some old German jigged bone from the 50's or so.

These are my current traditional single bladed slippies. I also have another CSC HMT coming, this time in Ebony.

CSC Half Moon Trapper in Red Stag, Cocobolo, Smooth Sunset Bone, Reclaimed American Chestnut, Camel Bone, Pink Abalone, Green Abalone, Mossy Bone, Gray Bone, Buffalo Horn, Sambar Stag, Blue Lagoon, and White Mica Pearl.
IMG_0386.jpg

Case-Bose Tribal Spear in Antique Bone, GEC Tidioute Toothpick in River Blue Bone, GEC Northfield Slimline Trapper in Burnt Stag and Snakewood, Queen Utility in Birds Eye Maple
IMG_0387.jpg

Case Tiny Trapper in Caribbean Blue Bone, Case Peanut in Antique Bone, GEC Northfield Wharncliffe Jack in Antique Walnut Bone, GEC Great Eastern EZ Open Jack (Barlow?) in American Elk
IMG_0388.jpg

Back