1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.
  3. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Sigarms SHR 970 .280 Rem.//For Sale/partial trade

Discussion in 'For Sale: Gadgets & Gear (Individual)' started by James Falor, Oct 2, 2006.

1. James Falor

James Falor

Nov 11, 2003
    This is a Sigarms SHR 970 in .280 Rem. SOLD>>>>>> Has Leupold quick-release bases and rings and a Nikon Monarch 3x9x40 scope. Cold hammer-forged 22" bbl, target crown. Hand-checkered, european walnut stock, satin finished. Short-throw (65 degree) bolt action with front locking lugs for direct bolt-to-barrel lockup. Detachable mag holds 4 rounds for effecetive 5-round max. capacity. Weight is 7.2 lbs w/o mag or scope set-up. Barrel is easily swapped-out for other barrels in 6 add'l calibers--from .25-06 to .300 Win Mag. The .280 is a fantastic round for those not familiar with it--flat-shooting like a .270 but hits like a 30-06. With a 140 grain Nosler Balistic Tip bullet the .280 is only 150 fps behind the 7mm Rem Mag. Look at this month's Guns and Ammo magazine--editor says 25-06 and .280 Rem are his all-time favorite cartridges! Will take all N.A. game with the exception of the "big" bears. A SUPER accurate rifle with only about 30 rounds through her. In excellent-plus condition. Comes with Sig hard case, manual, barrel wrench. I am considering partial trades for either of two kinds of blades--a smaller, custom hunter like a Dozier or similar OR a big Swamp Rat like a Ratweiler, Rat Mastiff, Battle Rat, etc...SOLD-PENDING FUNDS! from my FFL to yours. First "I'll take it" gets it but, I'll need to sift through any and all trade offers before I decide (I'll know it when I see it! ;) ) Additional pics upon request. You can check my feedback--I will NEVER let a deal end-up done without everyone being satisfied. Might have a Scattergun Tech Border Patrol coming soon too. Stay tuned! Thanks for looking. Best Regards--James Falor SEMPER FI (I reserve the right to pull this off the "for sale" board without notice!) Paypal (+3%) MO, or personal check (with time for it to clear--unless we've done business together, in which case I'll ship same day)

2. James Falor

James Falor

Nov 11, 2003
    One price drop-BTTT. 625.00 PP (+3%) or MO. Checks OK with clearance-time unless we've done business before--then I'll ship her same day.

3. James Falor

James Falor

Nov 11, 2003
    Btt with a price drop.

4. severtecher

severtecher Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2002
    Sweet.. I need a rifle like I need a hole in the head( hey that gives me an idea!) but I am a big SIG fan and would love to have a flat shooter like that. Now, would the wife like a flat shooter??:confused: . I must review my stock of knives. Someone is in for a sweet deal.

5. James Falor

James Falor

Nov 11, 2003
    Hey Kevin, I do have one other member that is interested in the rifle although I informed him that you are as well. I am going to be away from my PC for a few hours today but I just don't want there to be any hard-feeling among anyone--especially folks I consider friends! Best Regards--Jim SEMPER FI

6. ADD

ADD

Apr 29, 2006
    " I will take it" with the acceptance of trade offer(s)

Please check your email

Thanks

7. severtecher

severtecher Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2002
    Never any hard feelings James. Just lots of drool.:D

8. ADD

ADD

Apr 29, 2006
    :thumbup:
    I would like to update the trade/deal I made with Jim on this gun.
    Wonderful communication and the gun was as described. Shoots small groups, unfortunately no deer yet but there is still season yet.
    Jim is a class act and I would deal with him again without hesitation.
    Jim, thanks again!