signature Model 819SS

Any info about the Model 819SS would be highly appreciated.
Steel type, specs, value.
Should I buy it?

I think those were all S30V. I don't have one, but a few guys around here do...I'm sure they will chime in soon enough.
Welcome to the Buck forum!

Yes, all blades of the Signature were of S30V, an up grade series. Checkered Walnut handles, full tang, mirror polished, upgrade sheath a real dressed up model. DM

Any info about the Model 819SS would be highly appreciated.
Steel type, specs, value.
Should I buy it?

Only you can answer that question.;)

I have the two smaller versions (802 and 805) and given the chance and the right price, I'd get one just to have the complete set. One thing though, I'd insist on seeing pictures of the exact one I was buying vs. just a stock photo. Both of mine have checkering that is less than stellar and looking back now, I wish I'd returned them both.

802and805b.jpg

802and805a.jpg

They came out in 2004. 1000 in each series. Signed by Chuck and CJ. Seems I heard that some might not have been signed.

There was another similar series that isn't the Signature Series. Not S30V

Bummer Dave, I wonder if yours got banged around some. Mine all crisp and clean checkering.

This is a lousy picture of the one you are thinking about Larry. I don't know if it was a series or just the one model.

SanDiego805.jpg

Yes Sir,
Have that one and the 819 version. Sure like the thumb notches on those.

Cool, that turned a knife that was more of a "collectable" into one that would make a great user.

Earl, To the rescue! Thanks. Man, thats a dressy series! There were some of those released as FB's. Atleast I've seen several of the 819's. Yes, they make good users. DM

Last edited:
Back