1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Small fixed blade or neck knife

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Knifeb0y, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Knifeb0y

Knifeb0y Banned

Feb 26, 2013
    Hey guys I'm looking for a small fixed blade. Preferably one that I can put material on the handle so what are your guys favorite small fixed blades or neck knives and what kind sheath holds the neck knives the best. :gorilla:

2. 9blades

9blades

Dec 29, 2012
    Well the neck knives that come to mind:
    eskabar
    beker necker
    esee izula
    scrap yard scrapivore.....I'm not sure about handles for this one.....

Also I'd say kydex for best retention..

-niner!

*edit*

I forgot to mention, that some custom neck knives come up in the knife makers for sale area for around $100
    I don't know what price range you where going for but.....

3. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    ESEE Izula 2 comes with micarta scales and is a very nice little knife. The Bark River Bravo Necker 1 & 2 are great knives as well, but a bit more expensive.

4. STi

STi

Mar 24, 2009
    Cold Steel mini Pendleton hunter. For $15 on eBay the benchmark backpacker is pretty sweet..has micarta handles and 1095 steel.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  5. Tim20637

Tim20637

Jan 10, 2010
    Esee Candiru. I just picked one up and was blown away by it.

6. Waldamir

Waldamir

Jun 30, 2012
    CRKT minimalist. 3 choices of blade shapes and micarta scales (i think)

7. Torm

Torm

Jul 12, 2007
    The Brous Blades SS Ranger has a large variety of grips that can be used; it's quite a versatile neck knife that comes in D2 steel and goes for just under $100.

[​IMG]

8. Pitted

Pitted

Sep 23, 2011
    [​IMG]
    I bought my Candiru for neck carry, but mainly carry it horizontal on my belt for work.

9. jimmydeuce

jimmydeuce

Jan 22, 2013
    I'm carrying a Candiru with a kydex sheath horizontal on my belt too. Great knife and I don't even notice it there.