1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Small Sebenza -- Pocket, Clip, or Sheath???

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by JTurner, Oct 5, 2001.

1. JTurner

JTurner

Jun 21, 2001
    Can I get a rundown from everyone on how they carry their smalls -- in the pocket, clipped to the pocket or waistband, or in a sheath?

Also...if you wouldn't mind elaborating some. Why you carry it the way you do or maybe you carried it one way and then changed. If you use a sheath, which one and what type.

Thanks...JT

2. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Well, I carry the small plain jane in a horizontal leather sheath as I find that easier to draw without much fuss.

The wood inlay I carry in a vertical style leather sheath, as it protects the inlay better, I know that some people have had some bad bumps if they carried it horizontal so now I direct people to opt for vertical sheaths for both sizes of the wood inlays or decorated models...
    G2

ps
    I carry the large wood inlay clipped in my right front pocket, makes it so I can also carry one on the belt...;)

3. OwenM

OwenM

Oct 26, 2000
    I carry mine loose in the pocket, or in one of Gary's canted sheaths.
    In the pocket when I'm wearing a fixed blade on the right hip, in the sheath when I'm not.

Once I took the clip off, and used it some, I didn't want to put the clip back on. Only knives I own that wear a clip are my two "primary" carry folders.

4. Nemo

Nemo

Oct 16, 1998
    Hello,

the clip !

I really enjoy the new clip on the little sebenza.

You can perform very fast and natural draws.

cheers,

JM

5. Hermie

Hermie

May 7, 2000
    Clipless

So during the week in one one of Gary's sheaths

In the evenings and on the weekend it is in my pocket.

6. Nemo

Nemo

Oct 16, 1998
    With ze clip !

7. Starfish

Starfish

Jun 14, 2001
    Clipless, so loose in my pockets.

I took the clip off since I wear slacks to work, and didn't want the clip to scuff the clothes. And, more importantly, since I have a small classic, I found out that it was >much< easier to open with the clip removed...

Matthew

8. phwl

phwl

Sep 28, 2000
    I carry mine clipless loose in my pocket.

9. rt014

rt014

Jun 21, 2001
    In the office I carry a small plain in my pocket.

At home and out of the office I carry it clipped to my pocket. I also find it very easy to draw from the clipped position.

10. JTurner

JTurner

Jun 21, 2001
    Wow...so far a lot more people carry it loose in the pocket than I expected. Did all of you buy the little clip hole filler? So far thanks... this is exactly the info I was looking for. Keep it coming.

I would venture to say the Chris Reeve Forumites are the most helpful on the site (hey... a little sucking up never hurt anyone). Whenever someone asks for a pic or info the replies come flying fast. Check out the thread about the clip hole filler -- that was amazing, a close up pic of the thing just like that.

Keep the info coming...JT

11. cpirtle

cpirtle KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 28, 2001
    I carry mine clipped, in one of Gary's sheaths or in one of my own sheaths. I also have several neck sheaths for my smalls as well.

Hey Gary, got the Mnandi today.... wooohooo. Love that clip but I need a nice canted one in dark brown leather too..

12. FK

FK Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    NO CLIP !!!

I have the filler in both small classic and small wood inlay.

Small classic = office carry in CRK leather pouch, in pocket.

Small wood inlay = CRK pouch in shirt pocket or in G2 belt sheath.

Regards,
    FK

13. John Puckett

John Puckett

Dec 10, 2000
    I carry my small classic in the leather pouch that you can get from Chris. I also bought the clip insert. I just put the whole deal in my pocket and let it go. I find it to be a really comfortable way of carring it.

14. Ed Gordon

Ed Gordon

Feb 19, 2000
    I carry mine clipped in my pocket. Only had her for almost 2 weeks now and still getting used to the tip up. The small is not big enough for me where I would want it in a belt sheath. It is small enough though to just be carried loose in the pocket.

15. CUTIGER 3

CUTIGER 3

Mar 31, 1999
    I have a small line drive model that rides in a G2 vertical canted sheath. IMO, if you try one of these sheaths, you'll never use the clip again....

16. stjames

stjames Sebenzanista

Oct 26, 1998
    Belt sheath or slip sheath in the pocket, sometimes both.

17. 32055

Mar 15, 2001
    I took the clip off of my small Trailing Moon, and carry it in the leather pocket sheath.

18. phwl

phwl

Sep 28, 2000
    Mine rides with no clip and no insert.

19. BoyNhisDog

BoyNhisDog

Oct 9, 2001
    One of the reasons I chose the sebenza is the great pocket clip. I have carried all my knives with a pocket clip for as long as I can remember now. Before clips I lost too many knives.

The clip on the large and small sebenzas is located perfectly. I do not notice it when in use. I guess I am so use to a clip on my pocket knife that it does not register.

I understand individual tast and those who choose to carry with the clip removed, however, my clip stays in use. It rounds out the perfect knife.

20. jmsodpc

jmsodpc

Jun 2, 2011
    I use the pouch