snark bark dark fark hark lark mark narc park zark

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're cruising in the left lane at the same speed as the person in the right lane, speed up or MOVE OVER! Come on folks!

So it's not just the Californians?
Out here, it's not restricted to them, but seems to be much more prevalent in Toyota drivers. But not just the Priuses anymore.
Not a dig against value-conscious drivers who own them (3 of my 4 extant parents, actually). Just an observation.

that romper looks like a great value...but I have to hit the pause button. Been spending way too much money on blades that are not being used. Better save that money for trips.

that romper looks like a great value...but I have to hit the pause button. Been spending way too much money on blades that are not being used. Better save that money for trips.

I hear ya. This one was hard to pass up for $35 shipped. Really light blade. Not sure what the thickness is, but it's thin. Shaving sharp. Can't wait to try a feather stick with it. Spine is sharp. Gonna make a firesteel for it. Gonna give it a mottled mustard patina as well.

well, for 35 bucks I could hit the pause button later :D

So it's not just the Californians?
Out here, it's not restricted to them, but seems to be much more prevalent in Toyota drivers. But not just the Priuses anymore.
Not a dig against value-conscious drivers who own them (3 of my 4 extant parents, actually). Just an observation.

Funny story, every week when driving home from fencing class at 9:30pm I take the same route on the same highway with the same lack of traffic due to the time of night. Without fail, I have at least 2 priuses in the left lane drafting off each other while also going the speed limit, it's infuriating because then I have to pass on the right and then I'm the one who looks like the idiot. The record for drafting priuses I've encountered on that same highway is 5, in a row, in the left lane, going the speed limit. Then again, most of the taxis and a substantial portion of all other cars in the area are priuses, so the chances are higher than most cities, but it's still quite annoying.

But I drive a Subaru in the PNW, so am I really one to judge?

You're lucky they squat AT the speed limit. So often, I see 'em doing it a few MPH Below.

I'll probably get kicked out of the 'heads if I mention what I drive, but one day I was coming home from Monterey on our local Blood Alley / Racetrack / twisty 2-lane freeway. Limit tends toward 50. I tend toward 70 or so. 2 minivans jockeying for position - one going 45, the other passing at, I don't know, 47. Blocking everything. Nobody in front of either of 'em.
I try to be patient, and control myself, I really do. Just wait, and pass smoothly at 60ish. But I simply can't abide. So slip down a couple cogs, turbo kicks in, and they are so far behind I can't see 'em by the next turn.

I don't expect everybody to get out of my way or anything. If you're over the limit but slower than me, I'm usually content to slip in behind and see how things play out. Just use the left lane for passing, or when you are moving that much swifter than those in the right.

Right lane is for cruising and left lane is for passing. Obviously the majority of the people out there don't know that this is just common driving etiquette!

The further left you go, the faster traffic should move. This keeps the fastest through traffic out of the merge lane. On the highway it's usually speed differentials that are most dangerous. I believe some version of this is the law in most places.

The further left you go, the faster traffic should move. This keeps the fastest through traffic out of the merge lane. On the highway it's usually speed differentials that are most dangerous. I believe some version of this is the law in most places.

Alabama tried to pass a law similar to that one, but it ended up as a no go. So now we have to move at the same speed as the jack ass in the left lane holding everybody up!

They actually have laws passed here in WA that say you can't stay in the left lane unless you're passing, but these people still do what they want. I wish I felt entitled... King is right, prius are bad but so are some/most Subaru drivers. I actually had a $60,000+ Tesla doing this to me the other night. I couldn't belief it either. I need to get a real good push bummer and plate hider/flipper deal for my pickup and maybe help some people out of their way.

At least it's not just here but crappy that people are doing this.

I really don't like driving in Portland either. Same kinda crap there but in my limited time spent there it didn't seems like it's nearly as bad as Seattle.

Regardless, people need to stop worrying about how everyone else is driving and worry about themselves, and keep off their damn phone while doing it.

I don't think that king mc really falls into the Subaru bad drive category if he's passing them prius cars. Hahaha

ah, self-enforced traffic nerds.

good reason to get dash cams. they cause the accident, they are boned :D

[video=youtube;LbLTPIFh1Ks]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbLTPIFh1Ks[/video]

The other one that gets me, people that see the merge ahead sign and instantly start moving over and slowing down traffic instantly. Even worse the people that move over half way and try to block traffic from getting past them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back