1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

So...I took apart my twitch 2 and now I can't get it back together.

Discussion in 'SOG Specialty Knives' started by CrashCarson, May 21, 2012.

1. CrashCarson

CrashCarson

Feb 6, 2011
    So yesterday I (for some stupid reason) I decided to halfway take apart my Twitch II for simple cleaning. I thought I could do this easily like one of my other knives which was easy to do. Well once I got the handle off the knife...somehow parts just kept coming off to the point where i just said "okay i'll take the rest apart" This was BAD decision! Found out that there were 21 parts! not including the ball bearing and small spring that I lost. I tried several times to put this back together, I know how to put it back together (of course missing the safety from the parts that I lost) but somehow the parts just dot fit. Somewhere along the way a part must have bent or something because there's gaps in the knife so I can't get everything put on such as the liner and handle back on. All besides the fact that I wiped the grease off soon realizing that I didn't have any here at home.

Could anybody help me? If I call SOG can they put it back together? I've heard that SOG's customer feedback isn't the quickest so I wasn't sure what to do. I don't know of any local knife shops that could to this for me. I wont be taking apart any knives soon...at least not assisted knives.

2. skyhorse

skyhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2010
  3. holymolar

holymolar

Aug 8, 2011
    I had a similar experience with the Twitch 2 and can't get it back together. I was able to save the tiny spring and detent ball for the lock. I've disassembled/reassembled dozens of my knifes but this one got the best of me. The knife and parts have been in a ziplock bag for months because I don't want to pay SOG $20 plus shipping to reassemble a $40 knife. I can't find any YouTube videos on reassembling this knife. Does anyone know of any YouTube videos on reassembly of this knife or any other suggestion?

4. NorwayKnifer

NorwayKnifer

Oct 7, 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utRyZlpbUK4 You can try this video. CutleryLover has disassembled a SOG Trident and is putting it together in this video. Haven't watched it all. But I bet all of SOG's SAT-knives share common similarities when it comes to construction.

5. Samus_aran115

Samus_aran115

Feb 15, 2012
    Wow, I have a twitch II in my pocket right now, and I never even thought of how advanced it was. Hex-holes always make me nervous, so I don't take apart things that make me use allen keys.