1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Socom Elite with stingray

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by fugazy, Jul 11, 2012.

1. fugazy

fugazy

Jun 25, 2010
    I've been a huge fan of the socom for a while and always loved the ones with stingray so I decided to go for it. Stingray is not fun to work with, It's like trying to cut through glass beads. I finally got the hang of it after a few attemps and I think it came out pretty good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mossyhorn

Mossyhorn Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2009
    That looks great .Much better than traction tape.

3. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2012
    looks great! nice and clean.

4. wdtorque

wdtorque

May 29, 2010
    Yep, you got the hang of it.
    Well done.

5. Doug C

Doug C

Mar 15, 2005
    Looks good, Nice work.

Doug

6. alliuse

alliuse Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Looks Great!

7. fugazy

fugazy

Jun 25, 2010
    Thanks for all the positive feedback guys.

I really want part of the blade to be mirror polished but I'm affraid I might mess it up. I've mirror polished steel many times but never a knife blade. I've seen a few custom Socoms that are drop dead gorgeous. I figuered atleast with the inlays I could keep trying until I got it right. I realize there's really no second chances with the blade. More than likely I won't attempt polishing the blade myself.

If I decided to send it out to have someone do the work who would be good? I've seen knives done by Brend and Weiland that I loved, does anyone know if they are currently accepting this kind of work?

This is what I'm looking for.

[​IMG]

Or even better.

[​IMG]