1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

SOG SlimJim XL listed weight is wrong

Discussion in 'SOG Specialty Knives' started by ddran, Jul 26, 2012.

1. ddran

ddran

Feb 23, 2010
    Just bought a SlimJim XL and the listed weight everywhere is 2.7 oz so I weighed mine up and its 3.2 oz
    I think SOG needs to update their specs, for some people weight is the deciding factor when purchasing a knife.
    [​IMG]
    And here are some more pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Its a really nice looking knife. I have been thinking about one. How do you like it?

3. ddran

ddran

Feb 23, 2010
    I had mine for a day then sold it. It was hard to deploy but probably had to be broken in. I didnt like the feel of it and the fact you need to lock it on top or else it loosens when you grip it. But it was super sharp and sexy and the clip is awesome. I suggest you try the smaller version.

4. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Really good information to know. I was also a bit concerned about the comfort of the handle. I think I'll stick with the Flash II for EDC.

5. ddran

ddran

Feb 23, 2010
    You guys should send me a free smaller slim jim for pointing that out

6. bernard_s3

bernard_s3

Apr 15, 2011
    :confused: