1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Somethings Brewing....

Discussion in 'Knife Maker's Gallery' started by oldanvilyoungsmith, Oct 14, 2012.

1. oldanvilyoungsmith

oldanvilyoungsmith

Feb 7, 2011
    Something's brewing here at EagleEyeForge... :confused:

More pics tomorrow. :D

[​IMG]

2. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    Firefly forge?!?

3. oldanvilyoungsmith

oldanvilyoungsmith

Feb 7, 2011
    Here's my new leather cutting knife. I needed one, as I didn't like the last one I made for my leatherwork (trial and error eh?). So I took the opportunity to try some new stuff, first is super thin, this is the thinnest knife I've made, 0.030". Second is my new homemade burlap micarta, which I really love the look of.

Third is probably the most interesting part, my new Kryptonite pins, been doing some expirementing with it, and love the look. And I now know what to do different when I make more.

[​IMG]

Here you can see the micarta really well, as well as the kryptonite pins.

[​IMG]

And this one show the pins active, when they really get interesting.

[​IMG]

4. ron_m80

ron_m80 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 1, 2009
    I dig the burlap micarta, very nice idea.

5. White Feather Blades

White Feather Blades KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    Sweet! I'm planning on doing the glow pins on a knife that's on my bench.

6. metal99

metal99

Feb 29, 2012
    I like the fact that you made your own leather cutter. Looks really nice with that burlap micarta and those pins are out there!

7. kevin -the professor

kevin -the professor KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 18, 2008
    nice all around. I like the burlap micarta the best, though. It just looks rugged, and seems like it would be a very tough material.
    kc