1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Southern Grind - Bad Monkey Knife Review

Discussion in 'Knife Reviews & Testing' started by austonh, Sep 11, 2012.

1. austonh

austonh Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 26, 2012
    So I went ahead and put together a knife review on the Southern Grind Bad Monkey Knife. I'm by no means a knife expert, but gave it a shot none the less. Was able to cover about 90% of what I wanted to say, had to throw a few things in the description to clarify.

Anyways, here you go:

[video=youtube_share;l7x9W9zi4tQ]http://youtu.be/l7x9W9zi4tQ[/video]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  2. Choke

Choke

Dec 11, 2010
    Great review, thank you sir.

3. austonh

Jun 26, 2012
    Thank you good sir!

4. Choke

Choke

Dec 11, 2010
    I'll probably pick one up to check it out. Or, let me know if you decide to sell yours. :) Cheers.

5. jstrange

jstrange

Mar 31, 2012
    Thanks for the review and keep us updated.

jstrange

6. drmurchindise

drmurchindise

Sep 18, 2011
    why wouldnt you be able to use the free swag you get?

7. austonh

Jun 26, 2012
    I simply meant that you need to keep them in pristine condition if you want to retain full value when selling your knife. I suppose you could use them if you do so carefully. Or if you don't ever plan on selling the knife then gear use/abuse won't be a problem. Honestly, that observation may or may not hold true on the secondary market, we will see.

8. drmurchindise

drmurchindise

Sep 18, 2011
    ohh ok i wasnt really paying attention to the context....my bad but im gonna keep my eye on this one ive had really good experiences with 14c28n, but different strokes right. I'd also like to think of this as one of those gateway knives that opens the door to high quality high end knives. Great review also by the way, good info enough to make me really want one because i like zac brown and his music and now that he is a self proclaimed knife addict i feel like hes just a little bit cooler. I digress Great review I hope i dont end up hating the knife if/when i get it. finally a real review on a knife i have been looking at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. austonh

Jun 26, 2012
    Thanks I appreciate it. I honestly think you will like the knife, although its not my favorite, it is getting a lot of pocket time. I'm also warming up to the smaller clip as well.

10. OhShoot

OhShoot

Jan 23, 2011
    just a note: steel is SANDvik, not SCANDAvik. :)

- OS

11. austonh

Jun 26, 2012
    lol, sounds way cooler as Scandavik! I realized after I made that video that someone would probably catch me sooner or later. :thumbup:

12. Contained

Contained

Jun 12, 2010
    Thanks for the review, I'm definitely going to have to pick one of these up soon.