Spyderco Brad Southard Flipper

I'm interested in the mechanics with this one...would love to see an exploded view.

Due to the space constraint I'm assuming that they chose to use a Ball Thrust Bearing for the pivot.

I heard it wasn't coming out until winter:( I guess we have a lot of time to admire it through our computer screens.

It looks like there is no Stainless insert on the framelock? Maybe the pics are of the Proto and the production model will have it? They put it in the Military Ti why not here on this model? Or is it not Ti?

It looks like there is no Stainless insert on the framelock? Maybe the pics are of the Proto and the production model will have it? They put it in the Military Ti why not here on this model? Or is it not Ti?

If you watch the video, you can clearly hear Eric say that it is a Titanium (RIL), that's Reeve Integral Lock.

I hope it's ok if I don't buy one cause it's imported,
Although it is beautiful and I love the blade design
And steel choice.

I also hope I'm not the only one being appalled by the xenophobia shown by quite a few users.
I will buy any knife regardless where it's from, if price and quality are right and the design is to my liking.
The Southard flipper looks very interesting but I'm waiting for pictures of the production version until I decide. :)

I also hope I'm not the only one being appalled by the xenophobia shown by quite a few users.
I will buy any knife regardless where it's from, if price and quality are right and the design is to my liking.
The Southard flipper looks very interesting but I'm waiting for pictures of the production version until I decide. :)
Same here. I have no problem buying this knife.

Anyone offering preorders? I think GPK was, but isn't accepting them any more.

No problem with anything about this knife. Just that it is a bit out of the price range out of a law student's budget lol. Looks awesome

Last edited:
I bet this will be a sweet knife. Who else thinks Spyderco's first flipper will have some serious collect-ability later on down the road?

I bet this will be a sweet knife. Who else thinks Spyderco's first flipper will have some serious collect-ability later on down the road?

Probably only if it's also their last flipper, which we hope it won't be. ;)

I really love the look of this knife, but if I were ever to spend that kind of dough on a knife, I would be very hesitant to use it

Is this knife going to be a full-out production knife or limited in nature?

Last edited:
Back