Spyderco collections

well first off I just received my native 5 in the mail and I'm not super stoked. It feels cheap and looks cheap but it wasn't cheap. I'm gonna EDC it and hopefully it grows on me. But anyways to the real question. I'm fairly new to spyderco collecting and I love it. I cannot stop buying it's not good for my bank account. I'm curious to know what's your favorite EDC and why and I'd love to see some pictures of people's spydy collection
I loved the first Native I bought. I used it a ton and ended up giving it to a friend. Cheap stuff isn't always good, and good stuff isn't always cheap. Like many others here, over the years you end up spending hundreds and thousands of dollars on various knives and can end up with a few hundred knives ranging from only high end things to a mixture or a collection of just cheap stuff. No pictures at this point, I do own well over 100-130 Spyderco knives though.

+1 to this. I've frequently been unimpressed with the U.S. made models, but I love my Taichung Spydies.

I'm not sure why anyone would buy more than one of the same model, though, even if they're the fantastic Taichung ones, that would just be weird. I'm carrying the silver twill one in the middle today (though I've added blue anodized screws and a matching blue anodized clip since this photo was taken):

P0vPQAF.jpg

That's my kind of weird. Love that wood.
And you've just reminded me of what's missing from my Spyderco drawer...

My Spyderco collection is small to say the least but I was there in the beginning and met the man himself while he was selling his Sharpmaker at a show. He had this ugly knife with a hump and a hole in the hump. :confused:

Anyway, I bought the first, the C01 Worker and many of the early collaborations
cfzioXT.jpg
HmKT0A7.jpg
I have a Vuiliton that I might want to put in another forum, FYI.

Back