1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

spyderco edc help needed

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Waldamir, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Waldamir

Waldamir

Jun 30, 2012
    Hey everyone. I need help finding a spyderco for edc. I currently have a endura wave with FRN handles. I'm looming for something with g10 handles, vg 10 steel, steel liners, 3 inch or longer blade and under $150. if anybody knows a knife that fits this that wouldn't be hard to find on eBay please let me know. thank you.

2. lobodelanoche

lobodelanoche

Feb 7, 2012
    Caly3.5

3. powernoodle

powernoodle Power Member Gold Member Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2004
    The Police 3 in G10 is also a winner. Big 4" blade, but in a very thin and pocketable profile. It has all of your requirements as well.

[​IMG]

4. Waldamir

Waldamir

Jun 30, 2012
    I looked into the police. its pretty big though. how is it for a utility pou?

5. Bull Mountain Custom

Bull Mountain Custom Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Not VG10 but the Paramilitary2 would be my recommendation, it fits your requirements with the exception of the blade steel which is S30V unless you go with one of the sprints in the an exotic steel. S30V would also be a slight upgrade in steel compared to VG10. Another good option would be the Dialex Junior, Caly 3.5 is another excellent choice, Police and Persian 2. They also made the endura in G10, it is not currently in production but you should be able to pick one up off ebay in your price range. Good luck and let us know what you decide to go with.

6. singularity35

singularity35

Mar 1, 2010
    Superleaf...

[​IMG]

7. BenLong1018

BenLong1018

Apr 12, 2012
    The Junior is really nice.

8. Waldamir

Waldamir

Jun 30, 2012
    I have looked high and low for a pm2 no one has then for under $150

9. powernoodle

powernoodle Power Member Gold Member Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2004
    In one respect, its pretty nice for EDC because you get such big blade that is so easy to carry. One of the few knives that rival it in this regard is the Al Mar Eagle Ultralite, but its not nearly as stout as the Police. But for daily utility, a smaller knife like the Delica is much more nimble and thus superior. But the Police is certainly doable for EDC.

10. all 41 + 14 all

all 41 + 14 all

Jul 11, 2012
    +1 for Superleaf, although it is more expensive than a plain black Para2 in S30V.

And as far as the PM2 price, $115 is the high end of the normal range. Options abound closer to $100, just look around. Anything near $150 would only be reasonable for sprint runs with more exotic steels.

11. socalkid

socalkid

Apr 8, 2011
    Hello,

The Police is a great knife and kind of like the Endura's big brother. If you can handle the Endura then the Police shouldn't be a big step up in size. I went from the Endura as my edc to the Military and now its my favorite knife. If you think the Military and Police are a little too long then the Para2 is my next recommendation. You should have no problem finding a Para2 for $100 or the Military for $125.

Have a good one,

Chris

12. Bull Mountain Custom

Bull Mountain Custom Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2008
    A.G. Russel appears to have the Para2 in stock at $109.95. My other sources with cheaper prices are currently out but I would expect them to have stock in again soon. As stated above you shouldn't have a problem locating one in the $100 or less price range with a little bit of research and looking around.

13. Cyrus92178

Cyrus92178

Sep 23, 2012
    love my para 2's, fun to deploy and love closing it with just the compression lock

14. sigsoup

sigsoup

Dec 17, 2011
    I'm going to say para2 my endura gets more pocket time, but the para is better steel and comes with cool black blade and digi camo !!!

15. timberweasel

timberweasel

Jan 5, 2011
    +1 :thumbup:

[​IMG]
    Spyderco Para-Military 2 & DiAlex Junior

16. dark impaler

dark impaler Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Voting for the Caly series on this one. Since I've had my Caly 3,
    G10 and VG10 blade, other knives are having the hardest time
    seeing the light of day.

If you need the little extra reach, Caly 3.5 is good one also.

17. Waldamir

Waldamir

Jun 30, 2012
    as of now I'm trying to decide between the police, super and pm2. I can get a hair popping edge on vg 10 and I'm used to that steel but on the other hand I have heard a lot of great things about the pm2

18. JDunn709

JDunn709

Jan 7, 2009
    Spyderco under $150? At least have a look at the Gayle Bradley :thumbup:

19. CWIN

CWIN

Oct 1, 2012
    I'd consider a Paramilitary 2.

20. PizzaMilf

PizzaMilf

Apr 20, 2012
    Spyderco sage 3 is really nice:)