1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Spyderco Kitchen knives?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Balldboy, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Balldboy

Balldboy Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2003
    I really like the Spyderco kitchen knives, particularly the Santuko.
    I was wondering if there are any plans to start producing them again?

TIA,
    Pete

2. KNaB

KNaB Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 18, 2008
  3. Balldboy

Jun 9, 2003
    I snagged a spare Santuko and the laminated handle serrated knife but I want a full set for both my kids.

4. KNaB

KNaB Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 18, 2008
    I sent you an email balldboy

5. Balldboy

Jun 9, 2003
    Reviving this thread so obviously there must be an issue with my e-mail.

6. JD Spydo

JD Spydo

Nov 20, 2004
    Two of Spyderco's kitchen knives that I'll probably use from now on are the K-04 & the K-05 models. I've had them since the late 90s and they are still holding up great and hold an edge great for kitchen knives as well. I really love the "rounded serration pattern" that those 2 models had and I truly wish they would make more knives with that pattern>> especially in the outdoor models.

Spyderco's kitchen knives are truly very much overlooked. They had 2 other models during that time period that I never got but wish I had gotten>> one of them was the MBS-26 paring knife and they also had a bread knife made with MBS-26 too. Some of the later Catcherman models were also made of MBS-26 and they had a significantly thinner blade than the older AUS-8 models did.

Some of Spyderco's earliest models of kitchen knives were truly gems and you don't see them very often at all.