Spyderco techno?

ive been looking but still cant find a street price. Anyone know how much these will be, im very intrigued by the design kind of reminds me of a stubbier rock lobster and anso mix.

This and the Para 2 M390 might be my most anticipated knives. That's saying a lot too, as the 2012 lineup looks great.

Anybody know when is this thing going to be released? Might pick up a couple of them i'm very intrigued by the design...

I absolutely love the design and steel, but the price has me thinking otherwise. I'll have to see what they're going for on the secondary market after a while.

I absolutely love the design and steel, but the price has me thinking otherwise. I'll have to see what they're going for on the secondary market after a while.

agreed, im a little confused about the sky rocketed price but i still want one. I dont see how they can sell the sage 2 for sooooo much cheaper when its a bigger knife and pretty much the same materials except the blade steel. jmho.

I was contemplating this one over the Sage 2 as my next purchase, but like others have said, I don't know now looking at the higher price tag.

Looking further, the steel is different and it is a collab, so I can see some justification for the price jump.

Last edited:
I was contemplating this one over the Sage 2 as my next purchase, but like others have said, I don't know now looking at the higher price tag.

Looking further, the steel is different and it is a collab, so I can see some justification for the price jump.

well to me its cool people are collaborating together but just cause it has a makers name doesnt justufy the $70 price jump. And if you were thinking of getting the sage 2, i have it and its a beauty, i say go for it.

I think it's priced fair for what it is, Titanium and CTS-XHP. It's priced on par with most knives in its class is it not?

doesnt justufy the $70 price jump

Where are brand new Sage 2s being sold for $120? Most knife sites I'm seeing, like knifeworks, are $160. I found one for my dad at $142 from Amazon last year, but prefer not to shop there very often for knives. ~$30 more for XHP and a collaboration make sense to me.

Where are brand new Sage 2s being sold for $120? Most knife sites I'm seeing, like knifeworks, are $160. I found one for my dad at $142 from Amazon last year, but prefer not to shop there very often for knives. ~$30 more for XHP and a collaboration make sense to me.

i got my sage 2 off ebay brand new for $120 shipped, i guess i got a good deal then :D and although the steel is an upgrade its a much smaller knife. Im still probably gonna get one, im just gonna be a little more hesitant to click the "add to cart button" :)

The Taiwan knives are not the cheap knives, you are thinking china. The Taiwan knives are extremely awesome.

thanks man, and damn thats pretty expensive for such a tiny little thing. I was hoping it would be an economy taiwan knife but I guess not :(

The Taiwan knives are not the cheap knives, you are thinking china. The Taiwan knives are extremely awesome.
Agreed! I got the Chokwe from Taiwan and its fit and finish is through the roof! Its the smoothest folder I own, and thats saying something.

I think it's priced fair for what it is, Titanium and CTS-XHP. It's priced on par with most knives in its class is it not?

Agreed.

Add to that the fact that it's a collaboration and the XHP blade is 5mm thick and the price is certainly on par.

That it's being produced by the Taichung maker only adds to the value in my eyes...nothing touches the fit and finish coming out of that shop.

(Edited for correction on blade thickness)

Last edited:
Back