1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Stanley Stainless Steel h2o bottle (pics)

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by thrillbilly, Mar 9, 2012.

1. thrillbilly

thrillbilly Banned

Apr 16, 2011
    was in the big-box-store today and saw this, for about same price as 3 gallons of gas I had to give it a try. I've always liked/trusted Stanley gear.

[​IMG]
    Holds 32 ounces with lid/cup on, ~26 ounces in just the SS part, cup hold ~7 ounces (32 is what the sticker says, the other #s are from my measuring)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Has some measurement marks

[​IMG]
    built in cup/mug

Looks like a handy all-in-one piece of gear, I am currently testing the ''Leak-Proof'' claim.

2. harkamus

harkamus

Apr 23, 2007
    Thanks for sharing. Would've been cooler if the lid/cup thing was stainless steel too. Kinda defeats the purpose if you ask me. I use a 64 ounce stainless steel Klean Kanteen. Prob go through a little over 1 1/4 of those bottles a day.

3. Murphnuge

Murphnuge Moderator Moderator

Feb 27, 2010
    Actually I like it. Looks like you could cook with the as part and pour the contents into the top part, lid closed of course. That way you have a cooker and a drinker. I'll be looking for these.

4. thrillbilly

thrillbilly Banned

Apr 16, 2011
    They also had a Stanley plastic ''nalgene'' and an all SS water bottle (24 ounce size). looks like Stanley is unleashing a whole slew of outdoor gear. Still on look out for their new Cook Pot.

thats what I was thinking, warm up some water, pop a Folger's ''tea''bag into the cup, add the water, voila...cup'a'joe

5. Murphnuge

Murphnuge Moderator Moderator

Feb 27, 2010
    Hell yeah, good buy!

6. Rockywolf

Rockywolf Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Oh very nice. I like the plastic mugs-they don't burn your lips. I'll pick up one of these.

7. thrillbilly

thrillbilly Banned

Apr 16, 2011
    been lettin it sit upside down and on its side for a few hours now, no leaks yet. Good heavy SS...cant bend or dimple it in my hands, mug is sturdy, but just flexible enough to not shatter. I'm ready to test it out further.

8. The Warrior

The Warrior Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2011
    I saw these, and knew the top came off, but didn't realize it was a cup. Very cool, thanks for posting.

9. JTC

JTC

Dec 22, 2002
    Hey TB, these in the camping section?

10. thrillbilly

thrillbilly Banned

Apr 16, 2011
    yeah, the camping aisle, near all the stoves and outdoor cooking, same section as Thermoses