Stiff mini cqc-7

My mini came stiff too. Dissembled it and applied some Sentry hi-slip grease to all sides of the washer and it's been butter smooth since.

My mini came stiff too. Dissembled it and applied some Sentry hi-slip grease to all sides of the washer and it's been butter smooth since.

I used gun oil. :p I figure if it's a knife meant to be abused a little gun lube won't hurt.

Also: Should I avoid playing with it too much? the ti-liner worries me. By the way are both sides ti? I ran a magnet over both and no response.

Volund,
Emerson knives have Nylatron washers. This is a self lubricating material, similar to teflon. It doesn't require any oil or lube. Why would you take it apart? The only thing you really needed to do is back off the pivot about 1/8th of a turn.

Using a screwdriver that is too small or too large with most definitely strip the screw heads. It should take a Phillips 1.

Contact Emerson, they will send you a new packet of screws.
Locking side is Ti. The other side is non-magnetic stainless.
My 2012 Commander came with 1 Nytralon and 1 bronze washer so lube accordingly.

Mine had dual Nylatron, and I lubed because it was extremely stiff to use. Also, it is literally painfully sticky and bites my finger hard whenever I have to deactivate the lock, not in a good way.

I'm no Emerson expert but I thought they only had one type of washer. Are they the same size?

The washers are not the same size. I believe the smaller washer goes on the non-locking side, but I'm going from memory. The washer should not block the detent.

The washers are not the same size. I believe the smaller washer goes on the non-locking side, but I'm going from memory. The washer should not block the detent.

That couldvery well be why it's rough. Thanks. I need to get that damn screw out..

Edit: COuldn't open it but ran a flashlight through the gap. They appear to be on their right sides, the smaller being on the non locking side.

Last edited:
When i got my CQC-7 it wasn't particularly well put together and the blade was at a slight angle and the action was a bit gritty so I took it apart, cleaned it all with cotton buds and WD-40, sprayed on some excess and put it all back together and a week later of constant use it's still lovely.

Take care, Ben

Back