Change Username Still having pic issues

Sorry about another pic post. But most of the others are locked. I've been using a photo host in the past. It just seemed easier to grab the image tagged link and throw it into a post here. But with the new format, any copied tags paste with tag brackets as binary text code (sorry if terminology is not correct). Here's what gets pasted after copying a simple url with img, /img tags.

%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i63.tinypic.com/a1qxbr.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

I now have to copy the link, then go from quick post to advanced in the phone browser. Then past into the "insert image" function. And strip the garbage part of the copied link. Doable, but kind of a pain in the butt. Or paste, then go back to delete the garble-de-goop, and retype the tags. But on a phone, the brackets are buried a bit into sub keyboards.

This is on an iPhone. I haven't had the chance to try it on a desktop yet.

Anyone know what I'm missing or doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again for all the hard work that's gone into my favorite forum.

Last edited:
%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i61.tinypic.com/2ng936v.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

2ng936v.jpg

Ok, figured it out, there's a conflict between the rich text editor that is the default for typing in messages, and the bbcode link. If you select the plain text editor, which is the button at the top right of the reply area that looks like a piece of paper, and paste your code in there, it works.

Alternatively, copy the URL of your image, and click the image button above, which is next to the smilie button, and paste the URL in there.

Thanks Spark. The plain text editor allows the paste to happen as-is. That is the ticket for my usage.

Thanks again for helping us all with the learning curve to the new format. As usual, your response time to the issues is lightning fast.

a1qxbr.jpg

Last edited:
Whats the best way to upload pics from iPhone?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Nevermind, I think I'm getting the hang of it.

Testing this out using Photobucket and the "image" link next to the smiley:
11A07477-E7DC-48A1-8107-9D9FEDAC2CA3_zpsxrmr7x6w.jpg

Back