1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Stupid people can do stupid things.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Endololz, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Endololz

Endololz

Apr 10, 2012
    Well I'm starting this thread because I was wondering if anyone other than me knows someone who has done some really stupid things with knives (Yours or theirs). One example is when I let a friend see my Emerson (thinking he just wanted to see it) and he thought it would be okay to start to stab the G-10 with another knife. So if you have any stories about stupid things people have done feel free to share them in this thread.

2. matt123abc

matt123abc

Apr 10, 2012
    I saw somebody cut a pb&j in their hand, they ended up with a cut hand of course. Didn't hurt the knife though:D. Now I've also seen some use the side of their ffg blade as a hammer. It looked like a delica but I was too far away to see. Anyways one time they hit hard and with the tip of the knife, the tip snapped off. Lateral stress on a thin folding knife isn't smart. Just another example that common sense isn't common anymore.

3. MIKE MACINTOSH

MIKE MACINTOSH

Mar 31, 2006
    You would be supprised at the number of Idiots I have seen at picnics, Who cut threw a plastic or paper plate that was balanced on there lap, fortunately slop on plate usualy hit the skin before the knife blade.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  4. Guyon

Guyon Biscuit Whisperer Staff Member Super Mod Gold Member

Mar 15, 2000
    This ain't a friend. This is a putz.

5. cutter17

cutter17

May 16, 2006

You got to wonder sometime what is going through someones head to do something like this. I mean to stab the handle of another knife!! I hope you stopped him before he did much damage, and then bitch-slapped him! Did he ever offer a reason to WHY he felt that he needed to do that?!?

6. rnbtexas

rnbtexas

May 7, 2012
    +1, I couldn't have said it better.

7. Goosey

Goosey

Mar 19, 2012
    I wanna know what happened to that Emerson! :foot:

8. The Logical One

The Logical One Gold Member Gold Member

May 31, 2011
    I have a friend that would use his finger nails to tap the blade of every knife he looks at and say, "wow it's really hard!"

9. Pug-butter

Pug-butter Banned

Jan 25, 2012
    [​IMG]

You've got to be kidding me.

10. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    I was throwing my SAK classic into the dirt and I was wearing sandles. I stuck it into my foot. I was 11.

11. Tyronethepro

Tyronethepro

Oct 25, 2010
    Had my friend use my Ken Onion Ripple to stir a Screwdriver up...Everything was sticky. That bunghole didn't even offer to clean it...I hate my friends.

12. Endololz

Endololz

Apr 10, 2012
    I did stop him and called him a few words that are not that nice and he stopped for now, well or maybe it is just because I don't let him see my knives anymore.

13. SidC

SidC

Apr 10, 2012
    Probably when I was walking with you (Endololz) and we passed a group of drunken idiots throwing a large kitchen knife at a tree. The worse part was that the bike path we were walking on was right past that tree..

14. De Plano

De Plano

Jun 28, 2012
    I had just bought my last Griptillian and stopped by a buddies house. Went to have a smoke and was flicking it open, to check out its action, not the juvenile playing with my new toy of course. After the second time I flipped it open my buddies dog sat on my feet and leaned against me. So naturally the third flick of the blade it flies in the air (slow mo at this point) and I have enough time to think "Don't you grab that.... oh &*%# Casper (the dog)... *&=%... grab it". With my excellent dexterity I reach out and grab it, "Damn it!", it flies in the air again, comes down.. grab... starts going in the air again, "Seriously? What the &*($?", grab it again, got it, and got it by the handle "oh thank god, damn that was close... uhmm is that blood?". Only one finger did not get cut, the first two times I hit it I propelled it back into the air by nailing the blade with 80% of the digits on my hand. By now you might be wondering what about the dog that nearly was impaled, well I had to kick her off my feet when I realized I needed band aids. She seemed offended that I was kicking her off her comfy spot and never petted her for the inconveinance I caused her.

So my buddy saw me walk out for smoke and about 40 seconds later saw me bleeding pretty good asking for band aids. Ask him, he might have a story about someone doing something stupid with a knife, but you might have heard it before

15. Endololz

Endololz

Apr 10, 2012
    Damn lucky dog, and I have plenty of other stories of some of my friends using knives poorly.

16. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    I hope you took your knife away, and punched him in the face, then asked for a few hundred dollars and told him he just bought your knife!

17. Endololz

Endololz

Apr 10, 2012
    He would never buy me a new one, otherwise I would have made me get me another one or at least give me the equivalent money for a new one.

18. Goosey

Goosey

Mar 19, 2012
    How badly was it damaged? :eek:

19. momouppa

momouppa

May 15, 2011
    once through a knife into my big toe (i was probably 8)
    my brother once through a butter knife into my back I did provoke him though i was probably 8 when that happened as well.

20. Endololz

Endololz

Apr 10, 2012
    Not too bad but there are just a few little tip marks on the G-10 it is not too much damage, but it still pissed me off when he did it.