1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Swiss Goodness!

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by Matthewd, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Matthewd

Matthewd Chief Gadget Officer Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 25, 2011
    Couldn't decide which one to get, so I got both!
    The elusive Sphinx
    Sphinx4.jpg
    And I thought my Sig had a nice trigger....These are amazing to shoot!

2. Gavin S.

Gavin S. Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Very nice. May I ask how much these cost? I hear they are pretty proud of their stuff at sphinx.

3. Matthewd

Aug 25, 2011
    lol - they weren't inexpensive, but to me they are worth every dollar. I have heard someone say sphinx is like the Ed Brown of CZ's - I think that is a good analogy. Took them out to the range today. Every shot left me saying "WOW"

4. rick melear

rick melear

Nov 28, 1998
    Good response. Of the 3 CZs I have owned they all needed an "Ed Brown" refinement. Sphinx make have done just that.

5. harkamus

harkamus

Apr 23, 2007
    Sphinx pistols have basis in the CZ75 but are highly modified and refined. They are the Patek Philippe of handguns IMO. If you want a top of the line 1911, you have plenty to choose from. If you want a top of the line CZ75 based handgun, you have only Sphinx.

6. Gavin S.

Gavin S. Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2009
    I would like to thank you for not saying that they were the Rolex of handguns. That would have just further perpetuated the myth. :D

7. Matthewd

Aug 25, 2011
    They are the Omega of handguns :):eek::confused::foot: