Taking a new Laconico design for a test drive

oh man.. that is a slick looking knife.. great pics John.. and fne work once again Ray..

Looks really nice. Awesome gentlemans knife being so thin and probably razor sharp. Kind of reminds me of a more pointy insingo.

An excellent gentleman's knife created by an excellent gentleman. :D

I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Ray in person as he made his debut at the recent Knife Expo in Pasadena. What a personable, unassuming and approachable guy. I was a bit saddened to hear that he's been turning his immense talents somewhat away from his popular fixed blade designs until I handled a few of the folders he was displaying. I don't recall if he had any of the slim line models on hand, but the standard line featured an extremely clean and user friendly design. I can't wait to see what will be coming down the pike from him.

Last edited:
I really like Ray's knives, its amazing what he turns out of that garage, I would love to get my hands on one of those beauts but every time one pops up they sell like hotcakes I have yet to see a design from Ray that I didn't like, I love the cleaness

I'd like to see Ray and Sal collab a production model of this knife! Spyder hole and cut out on the front scale, no hump/thumb ramp.

That wharncliff shape is so elegantly done. Wonderful design! The swedge looks perfect.

I'm mixed about thin knives. They feel great in the pocket, but I wonder about the comfort in hand, especially with a larger blade. A GEC #23 that I have is just a tad too slim to use for extended tasks, but its wonderful to have such a selection out there by different makers. I'm certain that this knife will make someone extremely happy.

Back