1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Techno (by MarcinS) - new model coming soon...

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by PiterM, Jun 20, 2011.

1. PiterM

PiterM Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2000
    coming soon... first ever co-lab of Polish maker with major knife manufacturer. And it's Spyderco, so one of the very best in fact! That is quite special moment for Polish knife-world.

Seen the knife. Got the custom AND proto at home RIGHT NOW. You won't be disappointed! If you played with it in Atlanta you know how cool this small tank is... major drool & cool :eek:

[​IMG]

More pics to follow this week... approved by Sal :cool:

2. rororo64

rororo64

Sep 5, 2010
    Sweet, can't wait to see them... Out of curiosity, is the blade steel still going to be 154CM?

3. gmarthur

gmarthur

Mar 5, 2007
  4. rolexkid

rolexkid

Jul 14, 2006
    i'll buy one!

5. Popsickle

Popsickle Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2010
    dont know exactley what the blade steel is going to be other than im 99.8% sure i read somewhere that 154cm was used in the proto just because it was on hand....similar to what the tuff went thhrough with the proto in s30v and people thought it was coming out like that.

6. holmsie12

holmsie12

Mar 23, 2011
    super excited about this and the carpenter

7. Soulrack223

Soulrack223 Gold Member Gold Member

May 8, 2007
    This looks like a great little knife. I am in for sure. :)

8. PiterM

PiterM Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2000
    OK, let's take a look here... first pictures of MarcinS & Spyderco marriage :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  9. Tulku

Tulku

Mar 3, 2007
    - Anyone know what the retail price will be?

10. Soulrack223

Soulrack223 Gold Member Gold Member

May 8, 2007
    I very much prefer the original clip and backspacer. :grumpy: CTS-XHP is cool though.

11. bd51

bd51

Jun 15, 2010
    CTS-XHP Niiiice. Too bad I am a lefty though. :mad:

I do like the wire clip but not so sure about the back spacer though...

12. Popsickle

Popsickle Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2010
    things could always change.... it looks thick too :)

13. rororo64

rororo64

Sep 5, 2010
    Looks pretty sweet, although im not digging the backspacer too much. I think the original backspacer on the custom version or one in brass/bronze/aluminum/SS would look awesome... Im digging the CTS XHP.

14. gdwtvb

gdwtvb

Jan 14, 2006
    I love the hidden blade stop and change to a blue backspacer. Not sure I am digging changing the lock cutout to the outside of the scale though. definitely one of the knives I am most anticipating right now.

Grizz

15. sasquatch1

sasquatch1

Mar 16, 2011
    personally i like the blue backspacer it adds a nice touch. but hey that's just me. if the price is right (which i hope it is) i will most definitely grab it.

16. Handwrecker

Handwrecker

May 4, 2010
    I really like the looks of this knife. And the blue spacer is growing on me.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  17. holmsie12

holmsie12

Mar 23, 2011
    want to buy...

18. smoakie976

smoakie976

Mar 12, 2011
    It looks very nice, but I think that the blue make it look kind of cheap....would be better if it were blued titanium ; )

19. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    The original piece that we have has a blue backspacer. We matched the proto that we had. Don't know where the "other" sample came from.

sal

20. rororo64

rororo64

Sep 5, 2010
    Hey Piter, do you have any pics of the Techno in hand?