1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Testing...testing...EDC

Discussion in 'Carothers Performance Knives' started by Lorien, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Lorien

Lorien Moderator Moderator

Dec 5, 2005
    this thread is for real world use of CPK's EDC.

D3V EDC, putting the scraper to shame on ole Bilbo Waggons' roof.

[video=youtube;201cBPryQwI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=201cBPryQwI[/video]

2. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Pretty sweet, looks like it did an excellent job there. Now I feel if there's a pre order I may have to grab one or two lol. So far I've been able to resist !!
    Thanks for the video

3. folder geek

folder geek Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Reminds me of Twitchy on Hoodwinked after he drank caffeine:D
    Looks like it did what it is supposed too.
    Cheers

4. NJBillK

NJBillK Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2014
    Your quick at work, but I guess when you sound like that, the customers wouldn't take you seriously if you weren't...
    :D

Nice to see some real work usage.
    I will be in the market soon enough.

5. GreenOwl

GreenOwl

Oct 22, 2013
    I have one on the way. Can't wait. I have a light chopper too but haven't been able to bring myself to chop with it. Haha.

6. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    That's some tough work using that blade, would have been good to see how that edge looked after the work it done.

Nice though,
    G2

7. Lorien

Dec 5, 2005
    I haven't done any maintenance since then, I'll try and get some photos or video or something

8. Agith

Agith Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Any ideas if the D2 variant would hold up just as well to that task?

9. Nathan the Machinist

Nathan the Machinist KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 13, 2007
    No, probably not. It has great edge retention in most cutting tasks, but the Delta 3V holds up longer scraping and prying.

10. Lorien

Dec 5, 2005
    [video=youtube;cFuRytTNc04]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFuRytTNc04[/video]

[video=youtube;mTLzYC7OHn8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTLzYC7OHn8[/video]

11. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Thanks Lorien, looks pretty good after all that!
    G2

12. Brummie

Brummie Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2007
    I just got one from the last batch, thanks to the generosity of another forumite. Fits my hand perfectly (I wear a medium glove as a fight fit). Would love to see the same handle on a 4" blade, perhaps with a clip point.