1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

The 1k Whittler giveaway Winner-Jolipapa

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by WValtakis, Apr 18, 2017.

1. WValtakis

WValtakis Gold Member Gold Member

May 29, 2004
    Winner Jolipapa! See post #22

It's getting close, 949 posts as of this one!

This one is going to be a little different, it's going to be open to everyone who posts in this subforum and you're all automatically entered :D

On my 1000th post I will pick a random thread from the first page of the Trad's forum and then a random post from that thread's last page. I hope that makes sense...I couldn't come up with interesting entry qualifications, but this will encourage posting in the subforum.

If you wish to opt OUT, post "I'm out" in this thread. Aside from that feel free to post any comments, giveaway stories or just interesting tidbits here ;)

The prize is this Northfield #57 I picked up in a BigBiscuit benefit thread (one of Johnny2shoes house fire knives). It's a great knife, but too similar to my Case/Bose Whittler so it sits. It has definitely been around the block, with some stories to tell... Hopefully it will gather some more in new hands.

[​IMG]

It's my first giveaway, so please be gentle ;)

~Chip

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  2. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    I'm in! i dont have a whittler and would like to add this to the collection! Thanks for the chance and congrats on the 1k!

3. t.willy

t.willy Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Very sweet lookin whittler! I'm in and thank you for the opportunity. :)

4. abbydaddy

abbydaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2014
    I will go ahead and opt out. Considering your methodology, it seems like my chances of winning would be low in any case, but I have been rather lucky lately, so other folks should have the chance.

It is a generous GAW, thank you.

5. Taike

Taike

Sep 29, 2016
    Thanks for the GAW. I've certainly been doing my share of spoon carving these past few weeks and that looks like a good tool for the task. Best to the winner!

6. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    I'm all for a complete random method and I like yours, besides I love Whittlers and a club knife to boot. :) Good luck to everyone and thanks for the generous giveaway.

Now I'm subscribed so I can follow. I'm presuming you'll post the results in this thread.

7. mike Berkovitch

mike Berkovitch Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Congrats on upcoming 1k, a landmark.
    Great knife, I've been trying to lay a hand on 57 whittler with no luck, so I'm in.
    Thank you
    Mike

8. JupiterPaladin

JupiterPaladin

May 4, 2016
    Hey nice way to shake things up ;)

9. WValtakis

WValtakis Gold Member Gold Member

May 29, 2004
    I'm glad you guys like the idea :D

And yes, I'll post the winner here with my 1000th post and PM the lucky person.

~Chip

10. r redden

r redden Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2015
    Nice GAW congrats on the 1000 post milestone.

11. Jody744

Jody744

Jan 8, 2009
    Awesome GAW, I'm out on this one. I have a couple whittlers I already don't carry! One day I will attempt to whittle though. Congrats on 1k

12. Neko2

Neko2 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 18, 2003
    That's a beautiful knife. Very close to the Gepetto I've always wanted.

Thanks for the generosity sir.

13. Lansky1

Lansky1

Apr 12, 2016
    Love the #57 - my fave GEC pattern !

14. The Fort

The Fort Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 11, 2012
    I'm in! Thanks for the chance!

15. ISKRA

ISKRA

Sep 19, 2016
    What a wonderful giveaway. I'm so sorry I waited too long and didn't get a wrangler in buffalo horn when I had the chance ... The 57s look like awesome solid work knives, comfortable shape and size.

16. BigBiscuit

BigBiscuit Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 11, 2014
    Nice GAW. I'm in. Hopefully I'm home from the hospital in time for the winning drawing. :)

17. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005
    ??????????????????

18. Rookie82

Rookie82 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2014
    Congrats on nearly 1k posts, and thanks for your generous spirit.

19. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Fun idea to pick a winner!

Whomever wins will be happy with that knife!

20. Henry Beige

Henry Beige Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 1, 2015
    We need a popcorn smiley.