1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

The Alan Davis custom knife picture thread

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by d.r.h., Apr 17, 2014.

1. BrandoSpoke

BrandoSpoke Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Mar 14, 2017
    these are some stunning knives

2. d.r.h.

d.r.h. Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Here is my latest Davis that I told myself I wasn't going to buy! Too big, too heavy and I already have a Davis dressed up in Sambar stag. However, I really liked the bolsters, which are made from some eye-catching HHH Damascus. Also liked the Sambar stag ... and the scales on the other Davis I have are amber-dyed. But the size of the Alabama Damascus blade was bigger than I like, measuring in at 3.375". And ... with that stag and all of the Damascus, the knife weighs in at 4.3 ounces. Again, too big ... especially sitting in the bottom of my pocket. Not to mention that I really would not want Alan to put a clip on this one to cover up any of that stag. Then Alan went and did it. After carrying this one around in his pocket for a day, even he felt it was too heavy. So he offered a belt sheath with this one. That solved all my problems!!! The rest is history. All of the materials on this one go together perfectly. As always, Alan did an absolutely super job.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. d.r.h.

d.r.h. Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Great news. Alan was featured (again) in Blade Magazine. Page 67 of the July issue, in the "What's New" section highlight's Alan's Mammoth folder with engraved bronze bolsters (a knife which is near and dear to me, since it's in my collection!). Congrats Alan.

[​IMG]