The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

Hi Nathan,

How are the light chopper pre-orders going are you getting close to shipping first of them out?

Nathan, if possible I would like to know the width of the blade on the (Not a Survival Knife Pre-order) o_O If this has been addresses and I missed it my apologies! Just Curious and thanks for making these available:thumbsup:

Nathan, if possible I would like to know the width of the blade on the (Not a Survival Knife Pre-order) o_O If this has been addresses and I missed it my apologies! Just Curious and thanks for making these available:thumbsup:

all specs will accompany test videos and photos, coming in a new thread to be dropped soon.

I have 1 more question regarding TeroTuf! I have it on a couple of choppers, it is indeed a great material for this application! My question is this- "Is TeroTuf more susceptible to Maintaining or holding fluids (Blood, and other materials than say Canvas)? Is it as easy to clean up as say Canvas?
Thanks

I have 1 more question regarding TeroTuf! I have it on a couple of choppers, it is indeed a great material for this application! My question is this- "Is TeroTuf more susceptible to Maintaining or holding fluids (Blood, and other materials than say Canvas)? Is it as easy to clean up as say Canvas?
Thanks

Just a couple things I came up with off the cuff...

http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/why-i-love-terotuf-for-my-handles.1300166/

http://usaknifemaker.com/knife-handle-parts/handle-material-hardware/terotuff.html

"Is TeroTuf more susceptible to Maintaining or holding fluids (Blood, and other materials than say Canvas)? Is it as easy to clean up as say Canvas?

Tommy, I've tried to get a FK in terotuf. Nathan hasn't been willing to build that so far specifically because of the 'blood and other materials' that could get in it while cleaning critters.

Edit: Looks like I've just asked 'about' it, not 'will you build it.' :oops:

Last edited:
Nathan, do you use the one color of terotuf for a specific reason, i.e. that specific material is very stable/mills well, etc.? Or is it more to keep things simple? Just curious and don't know that much about terotuf but what I've read. Thanks.

Tommy, I've tried to get a FK in terotuf. Nathan hasn't been willing to build that so far specifically because of the 'blood and other materials' that could get in it while cleaning critters.
Is terotuf more absorbent then micarta for blood and other materials, cause I plan on using the N.A.S.K. (not a survival knife) for hunting.

Yes, it's more porous. I'll see if I can find some other links.
Well crap, may have to go micarta, though it's not my favorite, blood washes off pretty easily.
hI3CBojh.jpg

blood washes off pretty easily.......

That was my thought too. Definitely check out that link above, I asked that exact question, thinking it might be fine. Since I couldn't get terotuf for the field knife, and not wanting G10, I went with unbuffed micarta for my main user and have been pretty happy with that. The unbuffed will smooth out with lots of use, though, but can be blasted to refresh it.

This is what I thought I had read somewhere-Thanks buddy for the inf0! It is great on choppers, but on a knife (not officially a survival knife) I was not sure! Going to keep the TeroTuf on one however, although I haven't gotten any blood on my chopper I absolutely love the feel of it!
Thanks again

Last edited:
Thanks for bringing this topic up. I was worried about blood getting into the handles as well. I switched my order to unbuffed micarta.

You're welcome fellas. I think it's cool that the new knife is going to be available with terotuf though. Maybe someone will get one bloodied up anyway and we'll know for sure. Cheers.

So the logical next question is what is the best way-method of cleaning TeroTuf? My guess would be soap and warm water just like canvas?

Huh, the first page of this thread talks about TeroTuf and blood.
So the only question I have is, is TeroTuf more absorbent than wood, the same or less?
Lots of wood handle hunting knives out there, just got to clean them, might still get TeroTuf. (Or even 1 TeroTuf and one micarta)

Just so you guys know - and I hate to presume to speak for Nathan - but he's been involved in a scheduled maintainence upgrade for the better part of a week, off and on, and only got the machine in place yesterday, finally - in the rain, in the mud, top rated forklift broke down, other had to be trucked in, etc etc etc, and got to bed at 1am.

It will take him about another week, maybe two to do upgrades and whatever else needs to get done before he begins starting on the next run. He may or may not have much time to answer questions until then. Just an FYI, based on what's happening.

Last edited:
Back