The Bears' Den--Shirogorov Showcase

I went back and changed out the pic in my OP, cos the one I had there kinda sucked. Got a better one of my Python slithering through some fungi out back in this morning's gorgeous Autumn light. I'll put it here, too, to start our second hundred posts here in the Bears' Den.

K6KsNuI.jpg

Last edited:
Late to the Party, but glad I made it! Awesome thread guys! Never met a Shiro I didn't love. Here's a few random shots I have of a few...
0d8eb545822adb2713ee6606fe621bf6.jpg
f1e22bea6bc39b12da587304f9b0eb6e.jpg
1a65beb3bc12c0e158180c6633e3cbd7.jpg
135a46e2df12719caad970c7cdc18a6d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Nathan, is that a 110? I was asking after Tabargans as I had posted a couple pics of mine here but one doesn't see many around. I like mine as well as my 111 and F3 flippers. How about yours?

It sure is! I absolutely love it! It's one of the smoothest I have, has a great feel to it. My next shiro will be a 110 with the mrbs

Hey Nathan, is that a 110?

It sure is! I absolutely love it! It's one of the smoothest I have, has a great feel to it. My next shiro will be a 110 with the mrbs

I meant 111, sorry.

I'm crazy for my big-ass 111 CF and that 110 alongside would make for a fantastic pairing. Beautiful knife! Is the 110 like my 100NS Tabargan on washers? The action and smoothness of the Tabargan makes me think of a CRK on steroids.

An interesting thing about the "Axis" lock on the Shiro is it exhibits a very different sort of lock-stick. Everyone's familiar with the frame-lock stick of titanium bar on steel tang. Benchmade AXIS knives often exhibit a bit of lock-barrel to blade tang steel-on-steel stick until they break in. With the Tabargan the steel lock-barrel interacting with the titanium liners creates a bit of lock-stick there. It's easily overcome when closing and a little pencil "lead" on the ti-liner interface smooths it out considerably.

I'm crazy for my big-ass 111 CF and that 110 alongside would make for a fantastic pairing. Beautiful knife! Is the 110 like my 100NS Tabargan on washers? The action and smoothness of the Tabargan makes me think of a CRK on steroids.

An interesting thing about the "Axis" lock on the Shiro is it exhibits a very different sort of lock-stick. Everyone's familiar with the frame-lock stick of titanium bar on steel tang. Benchmade AXIS knives often exhibit a bit of lock-barrel to blade tang steel-on-steel stick until they break in. With the Tabargan the steel lock-barrel interacting with the titanium liners creates a bit of lock-stick there. It's easily overcome when closing and a little pencil "lead" on the ti-liner interface smooths it out considerably.

No washers, it has the srbs. Glides like butter!
I would consider selling my 110 if you were interested.

There is one of oldest folder from Shiro with wooden handle - Tabargan with Russian blade Х12МФ (analogue of D2).
Some year ago Shirogorov brothers started to assemble folders with different blades and most sold knife become Flipper 95 T pattern. Now Shirogorov have bought new CNC machine to increase their productivity..

No washers, it has the srbs. Glides like butter!
I would consider selling my 110 if you were interested.

Well, of course I'm interested--it's a Shiro, it's big, it's gorgeous--but I shouldn't. I've kinda decided that another Bear for me should be a true user and be in my EDC work-carry rotation (large KA CF Seb 21, WC Eagle, Hinderer 3.5 XM 18). I do carry and use my other three Bears, but damn lightly. I'm thinking a 95T in the right steel fits the bill to a, well, T. I'm trying to move a few things around and build up the PP acct a bit so I can spring for the right one when I see it.

Last edited:
I bought my Tabargan with the Shepard CC marbled CF scales installed as shown in my earlier post pic. Seeing Nathanperro's really sweet 110 reminded me that the seller sent along the original G10 slabs with it. Though I've never held it with those on, Brian sent me these pics from when he first got it with its original shoes.

hsnx4Bw.jpg

Last edited:
first Shirogorov, all I can say is WOW!

Congratulation!
Next Shirogorov is custom )))

Nice one, Bob! What's the blade steel in that baby?

@RWS, what are the blade steel options on serial run 95T's? I'd like something better than S30V, but am not the biggest fan of S90V, although the only S90V I've had was in a BM 940-1. While wicked sharp, the edge on that one seemed a bit brittle. Maybe the Shiro heat-treat is better for S90V? How about M390, which is a favorite of mine, is the 95T available in that?

I bought my Tabargan with the Shepard CC marbled CF scales installed as shown in my earlier post pic. Seeing Nathanperro's really sweet 110 reminded me that the seller sent along the original G10 slabs with it. Though I've never held it with those on, Brian sent me these pics from when he first got it with its original shoes.

hsnx4Bw.jpg

That is stunning!!

Back