1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

The best knife to ever come out of the Swamp?

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by Huntsman Knife Co., May 12, 2011.

1. Huntsman Knife Co.

Huntsman Knife Co. KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 10, 2010
    In your opinion, what is the best knife the Swamp ever produced and why?

For me its a toss up between these guys.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The RMD because it has incredible ergonomics and a perfect blade shape for utility. For smaller tasks, there is nothing this knife can't do. I've had some amazing knives from lots of top brands but none of them come close to the RMD. I wouldn't trade it for any knife out there, not even a BJ or other similar busse knives.

Second the Ratweiler. If I could only own one knife, it would probably be this one. Amazingly versatile and comfortable to use. I love the double guard and the classic blade shape. The only knife out there that comes close is the SOD but the balance and steel of the Ratweiler make it the winner.

2. azwelke

azwelke Eh Zee Well Key Dot Com ;) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 12, 2007
    RMD for me:thumbup: I think it may be the best all around.:cool::thumbup:

3. stjones

stjones Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 23, 2010
    I had a Ratweiler and LOVED it!! I DO regret getting rid of it but even still. I love my Crash Axe even MORE!!! (unless your ONLY counting knives and then my vote is still the ratweiler)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  4. Thrill

Thrill

Sep 9, 2010
    Boy, that's a real tough one. I guess if someone told me I could only have one to keep it would be the RMD. The M6 would be a close second though.

5. Stump Buster

Stump Buster Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Tan/Tan Battle Rat!!! I've got more Rats than any of the other "kin" blades, but this particular Rat would be the Last Rat Standing for me!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  6. snwbrdr202

snwbrdr202 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Any flavor of Battle Rat!!!

[​IMG]

7. TerryBlinski

TerryBlinski

Mar 24, 2011
    The RMD LE... It's the only Rat I own.

8. sar5

sar5

Jan 15, 2011
    My choice would be the m9. I love this knife, :)

9. safetyman

safetyman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 8, 2008
    I've reserved the "Best Knife from the Swamp Award" for the Rat Mastiff. The saber grind gives it more chopping power than the Rat Daddy in a shorter length and it's perfectly balanced...think Ratweiler on steroids.

10. GregS

GregS

May 6, 2008
    Ratweiler. :D

11. cut it out

cut it out

Apr 11, 2010
    I to own more Rats then my other kin knives,RMD then Battle Rat

12. snwbrdr202

snwbrdr202 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2009
    That is a good call J! The Mastiff is one big piece of steel. In terms of the best to come out of the Swamp EVER, it has always been a tie for me between a Battle Rat and Rat Mastiff. Someone should mate them and breed little Battle Mastiffs lol.

13. reddawn

reddawn

Oct 8, 2008
    ill vote for the rmd then the chopweiler,,the rmd was my first swmap rat knife.ive owned just about every model from the swamp and have 2 left.the rmd and the chopweiler.

14. Guyon

Guyon Biscuit Whisperer Staff Member Super Mod Gold Member

Mar 15, 2000
    #1 Original Ratweiler
    #2 Ratmandu
    #3 Battle Rat

15. GregS

GregS

May 6, 2008
    I am the lowly owner of a couple of Gen. 2 flat slabbed, through hardened Ratweilers. So I compensate with a chainsaw.
    [​IMG]

16. chogue1980

chogue1980

Aug 10, 2010
    RMB, no doubt

17. high desert

high desert

May 20, 2009
    toss up between the Ratmandu and the M9 LE

18. rpn

rpn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2008
    No Camp Tramp love? C'mon now! ;) :)

[​IMG]

19. stabman

stabman Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Waki for sure.:)
    The only one a NEEDED to get (sold a bunch of other knives to fund that purchase).

20. CR33

CR33

Jan 26, 2011
    Not the most useful-but id have to go with the WAKI too. I also adore the RMD- and my rodent solution for the large handles is also a true winner in my book and can do anything outdoors or in an office. All around though id prob go with RMD. Waki is still the coolest though-and will always have a special place in my bitter heart.